Abercrombie VS Taylor Swift Fans: Our Worlds at War
Abercrombie and Fitch has not been making many friends lately. First they came under fire for not offering plus-sized clothes to women, and then for saying they only wanted cool kids to wear their clothing, and then—when they tried to make amends by offering an anti-bullying scholarship—were ridiculed for half measures. But perhaps no error was more egregious than offending one of this country's loudest and fiercest demographic: Taylor Swift fans (they call themselves "Swifties," but we're all adults here.) When Abercrombie printed a t-shirt that read "# More Boyfriends Than T.S.", Swift's fans mobilized with the sort of fervor generally reserved troop movements, launching a Change.org petition and flooding the company with so many calls that their current greeting message reads “Thank you for calling Abercrombie & Fitch public relations. If you are calling regarding the Taylor Swift t-shirt, please note this is no longer available.”
That's right. Abercrombie bowed to the demands of the nation's Swift Army. All this ought to make for an interesting annual shareholder's meeting which, incidentally, is happening today ...
Recommended For You
- > Steve Carell Is Teaming Up with Charlie Kaufman for a New Sci-Fi Comedy
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > New Zealand Air’s Hobbit-Themed Safety Video Is a Middle Earth Masterpiece
- > Matthew McConaughey's Marriage Advice Actually Isn't Half Bad
- > This Is What a ‘Parks and Rec’ Themed Wedding Looks Like