Abercrombie VS Taylor Swift Fans: Our Worlds at War
Abercrombie and Fitch has not been making many friends lately. First they came under fire for not offering plus-sized clothes to women, and then for saying they only wanted cool kids to wear their clothing, and then—when they tried to make amends by offering an anti-bullying scholarship—were ridiculed for half measures. But perhaps no error was more egregious than offending one of this country's loudest and fiercest demographic: Taylor Swift fans (they call themselves "Swifties," but we're all adults here.) When Abercrombie printed a t-shirt that read "# More Boyfriends Than T.S.", Swift's fans mobilized with the sort of fervor generally reserved troop movements, launching a Change.org petition and flooding the company with so many calls that their current greeting message reads “Thank you for calling Abercrombie & Fitch public relations. If you are calling regarding the Taylor Swift t-shirt, please note this is no longer available.”
That's right. Abercrombie bowed to the demands of the nation's Swift Army. All this ought to make for an interesting annual shareholder's meeting which, incidentally, is happening today ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Here's the Creepy/Intense/Whatever Trailer for the New Season of 'Sherlock'
- > Two Earthquakes Rocked Central Italy Within Hours of Each Other
- > 25 Refugees' Bodies Were Found in One Boat in the Mediterranean Sea
- > The Nation Debates: Is This Picture of Bill Murray or Tom Hanks?
- > This ‘Goonies’ Trailer Recut as a Horror Movie Is Terrifying