98% of Faith Consumers Aren't Satisfied with the ‘Noah’ Movie (Which They Haven’t Seen)
A headline currently running on the entertainment industry website Variety boldly reads, “Survey: Faith-Driven Consumers Dissatisfied with ‘Noah,’ Hollywood Religious Pics”. According to the article, “The religious organization [Faith-Driven Consumers] found in a survey that 98% of its supporters were not “satisfied” with Hollywood’s take on religious stories such as Noah.” The only problem is, the movie isn’t out yet. And, unless those answering the question were one of the very few who saw an early version of the film in test screenings, there’s a 100% chance they haven’t seen the movie they are dissatisfied with.
It turns out, the “survey” is actually just a single, extremely leading question posted on their website: “As a Faith Driven Consumer, are you satisfied with a Biblically themed movie–designed to appeal to you–which replaces the Bible’s core message with one created by Hollywood?” Totally fair, right? Even though there has been some debate about early versions of the script—in which director Darren Aronofsky is said to rely heavily on environmental themes—a recent Hollywood Reporter article demonstrated that some of the negative feedback from Christian audiences was unfounded: “In some cases, [Paramount Vice Chair Rob] Moore [who is a Christian] says, ‘people had recollections of the story that weren't actually correct.’” For example, some audiences had a problem with the scene in which Noah got drunk, because they didn’t know that was part of the Biblical story. When Noah hits theaters on March 28, it is possible that the film will contain messages that some Christians will legitimately take issue with, but trying to derail the movie before it’s even out by misleading “surveys”, at this point, seems misguided …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > SNL's Pete Davidson: 'I Would've Killed Myself If I Didn't Have Kid Cudi'
- > This Church Is Being Destroyed by Urine. Seriously
- > Phil Collins Performed “In the Air Tonight’ on ‘Fallon’ and Questlove Played Rock 'n' Roll’s Greatest Drum Fill
- > Michigan Township Passes Resolution to Refuse Refugees
- > New Study Suggests Parents Co-Sleep With Their Babies for at Least a Year