96-Year-Old Wins Online Songwriting with Moving Tribute to His Late Wife
After 73 years of marriage, Fred Stobaugh’s wife Lorraine passed away, leaving Fred heartbroken. But when the 96-year-old saw an advertisement for an online songwriting contest sponsored by the local Green Shoe Studios, he decided to mail in a song he wrote to help him heal after her death. The studio was so moved that they awarded Fred's song a free recording session—with professional musicians and professional singers—and created this moving video for his song, “Sweet Lorraine”. We hope you have your tissues ready …
Recommended For You
- > Diplomats Working Toward Temporary Cease-Fire in Syria
- > Here's the First Trailer for Cameron Crowe's Showtime Show 'Roadies'
- > Two Teens in Arizona Were Killed in (Yet Another) School Shooting
- > Jimmy Fallon Interviews Peyton Manning...Or Is It?
- > A 10-Year ‘Friday Night Lights’ Reunion Is in the Works