96-Year-Old Wins Online Songwriting with Moving Tribute to His Late Wife
After 73 years of marriage, Fred Stobaugh’s wife Lorraine passed away, leaving Fred heartbroken. But when the 96-year-old saw an advertisement for an online songwriting contest sponsored by the local Green Shoe Studios, he decided to mail in a song he wrote to help him heal after her death. The studio was so moved that they awarded Fred's song a free recording session—with professional musicians and professional singers—and created this moving video for his song, “Sweet Lorraine”. We hope you have your tissues ready …
Recommended For You
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo
- > Trailer: Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign