7-Year-Old Girl Asks LEGO to Make More Sets Featuring Female Heroes in Adorable Letter
Young Charlotte is a big fan of LEGOs. But the 7-year-old has noticed that there aren’t a lot of female LEGO people featured prominently in kits depicting awesome LEGO adventures. Her letter to the company just may change that. She wrote:
Dear Lego company: My name is Charlotte. I am 7 years old and I love legos but I don’t like that there are more Lego boy people and barely any Lego girls. Today I went to a store and saw legos in two sections the girls pink and the boys blue. All the girls did was sit at home, go to the beach, and shop, and they had no jobs but the boys went on adventures, worked, saved people, and had jobs, even swam with sharks. I want you to make more Lego girl people and let them go on adventures and have fun ok!?! Thank you.
As Uproxx points out, her letter is well timed. LEGO recently announced that it was reviewing the design of a new “Female Minigure Set” that depicts female LEGO people in a series of science-related jobs. The kit is part of the LEGO CUUSOO project, that allows LEGO fans to submit kit ideas that could eventually be put into production if they receive enough votes and pass a review process ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Turkish Nightclub Attack Suspect Has Ties to ISIS
- > The Obamas Donated Their Old Swing Set and Then Surprised the Kids Who Got It
- > Noor Salman, Wife of Pulse Massacre Shooter, Is Arrested and Charged; Faces Life Sentence
- > Researchers Have Found a Way to Create Phones With Built-In Fire Extinguishers
- > Women's March Removes Pro-Life Group As Partner