6 Die in Cairo Clashes
The Egyptian government has deployed tanks and troops around the presidential palace after an overnight clash between Morsi supporters and the rapidly swelling opposition, in which six people were killed and hundreds more injured. The fighting was the most intense Egypt has seen in its two-week-old crisis, with both camps hurling rocks and molotov cocktails at each other. The fighting stems from Morsi's sweeping assertion of power, a move that has Egypt's liberals, Christians, secularists and human rights activists concerned about the state of their country's freedom. For more on the story, check out this analysis of what Morsi's move means for Egypt's religious freedom ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Report: 2,000 Migrants Have Died Crossing the Mediterranean Sea This Year
- > This 79-Year-Old Man Swam to His Wedding
- > Extended Cuts of ‘The Hobbit’ Movies Are Coming to Theaters This Fall
- > Here’s the Trailer for ‘The 33’ about the Rescue of Chilean Miners
- > A Fifth Planned Parenthood Video Released Today