6 Die in Cairo Clashes
The Egyptian government has deployed tanks and troops around the presidential palace after an overnight clash between Morsi supporters and the rapidly swelling opposition, in which six people were killed and hundreds more injured. The fighting was the most intense Egypt has seen in its two-week-old crisis, with both camps hurling rocks and molotov cocktails at each other. The fighting stems from Morsi's sweeping assertion of power, a move that has Egypt's liberals, Christians, secularists and human rights activists concerned about the state of their country's freedom. For more on the story, check out this analysis of what Morsi's move means for Egypt's religious freedom ...
Recommended For You
- > The Founder of YouVersion Gave Pope Francis an iPhone with the App
- > Here's Your Full 'Jurassic World' Trailer
- > Matthew McConaughey Will Star in ‘The Stand’ Adaptation
- > Nick Offerman Carved This Large Piece of Wood to Announce His New Comedy Special
- > ‘Breaking Bad’ Executive Producer Michelle MacLaren Will Direct ‘Wonder Woman’