6 Die in Cairo Clashes
The Egyptian government has deployed tanks and troops around the presidential palace after an overnight clash between Morsi supporters and the rapidly swelling opposition, in which six people were killed and hundreds more injured. The fighting was the most intense Egypt has seen in its two-week-old crisis, with both camps hurling rocks and molotov cocktails at each other. The fighting stems from Morsi's sweeping assertion of power, a move that has Egypt's liberals, Christians, secularists and human rights activists concerned about the state of their country's freedom. For more on the story, check out this analysis of what Morsi's move means for Egypt's religious freedom ...
Recommended For You
- > Jason Sudeikis, Maya Rudolph, Bill Hader and Tony Hale Will Star in the ‘Angry Birds’ Movie
- > So There’s Going to Be a ‘Tetris’ Movie for Some Reason
- > Christine Caine Is Working on a New Program for Women Leaders
- > Report: Wildlife Populations Have Declined More Than 50% in 40 Years
- > The Latest ‘Interstellar’ Trailer Looks Amazing