33 Schools in Michigan Closing Tomorrow on Partial Account of the World Ending
Michigan officials are letting their students get an early start on their Christmas break, seeing as they won't really get a Christmas break since the world is going to blow up tomorrow anyway. Matt Wandrie, a Michigan super-intendent, said that the Mayan apocalypse fears are of secondary concern to the sense of unrest created in light of the Newtown shootings, but did say "rumors connected to the Mayan calendar predicted end of the world on Friday have ... surfaced" as part of the logic behind the decision. Well, it sounds like the kids will be learning one important lesson tomorrow: You can't be too careful ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > An ISIS Supporter Threatened to Open Fire on a Megachurch
- > It’s Team Captain America vs. Team Iron Man in This New ‘Civil War’ Trailer
- > Kanye West on New Album: It’s Gospel with a Lot of Cursing
- > What Happens to This Prediction Linking Revival to a Panthers Super Bowl Victory?
- > Update: Wheaton College Asks for Controversial Prof's Forgiveness