33 Schools in Michigan Closing Tomorrow on Partial Account of the World Ending
Michigan officials are letting their students get an early start on their Christmas break, seeing as they won't really get a Christmas break since the world is going to blow up tomorrow anyway. Matt Wandrie, a Michigan super-intendent, said that the Mayan apocalypse fears are of secondary concern to the sense of unrest created in light of the Newtown shootings, but did say "rumors connected to the Mayan calendar predicted end of the world on Friday have ... surfaced" as part of the logic behind the decision. Well, it sounds like the kids will be learning one important lesson tomorrow: You can't be too careful ...
Recommended For You
- > Suspicious: The U.S. Government Edited a Wikipedia Article About Reptilians Running the World
- > Pastor's Response to Burned Cross Outside Church: "Whoever Did It, We Forgive Them."
- > Map Shows America’s ‘Happiest’ and ‘Unhappiest’ Cities
- > ‘Bibliotheca’ Project Seeks to Redesign the Bible as a Work of ‘Great Literary Art’
- > Prisoner's Lethal Injection Execution Lasted Nearly Two Hours