33 Schools in Michigan Closing Tomorrow on Partial Account of the World Ending
Michigan officials are letting their students get an early start on their Christmas break, seeing as they won't really get a Christmas break since the world is going to blow up tomorrow anyway. Matt Wandrie, a Michigan super-intendent, said that the Mayan apocalypse fears are of secondary concern to the sense of unrest created in light of the Newtown shootings, but did say "rumors connected to the Mayan calendar predicted end of the world on Friday have ... surfaced" as part of the logic behind the decision. Well, it sounds like the kids will be learning one important lesson tomorrow: You can't be too careful ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > A '20/20' Special Will Look at an American Hostage Captured By ISIS for Her Christian Faith
- > 28 More Companies Sign White House Pledge to Close Gender Wage Gap
- > An Artist Left a Gown in the Dead Sea and It Came Out Even More Beautiful
- > Worldwide Outrage Causes France to Overturn Burkini Ban
- > 2 Mississippi Nuns Found Dead in Their Home, Community Reacts