10,000 Christians Have Fled Northern Iraq Since the ISIS Takeover
The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is estimating that as many as 10,000 Christians have been forced to flee their homes in northern Iraq since ISIS' takeover of the region. Many of them are taking up refuge in schools, most of which have no air conditioning or showers. The UNHCR is partnering with local charities to provide food, water and hygiene kits, but in a region where temperatures often soar over 104 degrees F, resources are stretched thin. Many of the refugees are in dire need of medical attention.
These refugees join the some 1.2 million who have fled Iraq due to escalating violence. The UNHCR estimates that the cost of caring for them will be about $64.2 million. So far, they have raised about eight percent. You can help by donating here ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President