10,000 Christians Have Fled Northern Iraq Since the ISIS Takeover
The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is estimating that as many as 10,000 Christians have been forced to flee their homes in northern Iraq since ISIS' takeover of the region. Many of them are taking up refuge in schools, most of which have no air conditioning or showers. The UNHCR is partnering with local charities to provide food, water and hygiene kits, but in a region where temperatures often soar over 104 degrees F, resources are stretched thin. Many of the refugees are in dire need of medical attention.
These refugees join the some 1.2 million who have fled Iraq due to escalating violence. The UNHCR estimates that the cost of caring for them will be about $64.2 million. So far, they have raised about eight percent. You can help by donating here ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Even the Guy In Charge of DC Movies Doesn’t Like Them
- > Tim Tebow On Colin Kaepernick's Protests: It's About Doing It 'the Right Way'
- > Watch This Woman Perfectly Throw Her Husband His Lunch Down Multiple Floors
- > More Than 230 People Are Dead After Devastating Airstrikes in Aleppo
- > Police Released Their Own Videos of the Keith Scott Shooting This Weekend