The 10 Worst Majors for Landing a Job Right Out of College
Yahoo Finance has compiled this list of the 10 worst majors for finding a job after college, and a few of the entries are pretty surprising. To compile the list, they looked at the current “portion of workers employed in jobs for which they're overqualified.” Coming in at No. 1 is Business Administration/Management, mainly because it’s such a popular major and competition is fierce in a competitive job market. A few other majors, like Drama/Theater Arts, History and Anthropology, may not be as surprising because of the non-traditional nature of their long-term job prospects. But even seemingly in-demand degrees in Biology, English and Economics also make the list. The rundown includes a few interesting facts about the majors, like what the most common job held by a recent Psychology grad is—a barista. Good news Puppet Arts majors, your degree didn’t make the list …
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Vince Vaughn’s Satirical iStock Photos Will Interject Some Life into Your PowerPoint Presentation
- > A Canadian Pastor Has Gone Missing While Doing Humanitarian Work in North Korea
- > Finally, We Know What 'X-Men' Would Look Like if It Were Directed by Wes Anderson
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons