The 10 Worst Majors for Landing a Job Right Out of College
Yahoo Finance has compiled this list of the 10 worst majors for finding a job after college, and a few of the entries are pretty surprising. To compile the list, they looked at the current “portion of workers employed in jobs for which they're overqualified.” Coming in at No. 1 is Business Administration/Management, mainly because it’s such a popular major and competition is fierce in a competitive job market. A few other majors, like Drama/Theater Arts, History and Anthropology, may not be as surprising because of the non-traditional nature of their long-term job prospects. But even seemingly in-demand degrees in Biology, English and Economics also make the list. The rundown includes a few interesting facts about the majors, like what the most common job held by a recent Psychology grad is—a barista. Good news Puppet Arts majors, your degree didn’t make the list …
Recommended For You
- > John C. Reilly Unveils Incredible 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Clip
- > Richard Dawkins Reminds Everyone That Some Rapes Are Worse Than Others
- > Stephen Colbert Had Some Very Nice Things to Say about ‘The Hobbit’ Movies
- > Why Won’t These Walmart Ice Cream Sandwiches Melt?
- > Spoon’s Upcoming Album Is Streaming Right Now on iTunes