The 10 Worst Majors for Landing a Job Right Out of College
Yahoo Finance has compiled this list of the 10 worst majors for finding a job after college, and a few of the entries are pretty surprising. To compile the list, they looked at the current “portion of workers employed in jobs for which they're overqualified.” Coming in at No. 1 is Business Administration/Management, mainly because it’s such a popular major and competition is fierce in a competitive job market. A few other majors, like Drama/Theater Arts, History and Anthropology, may not be as surprising because of the non-traditional nature of their long-term job prospects. But even seemingly in-demand degrees in Biology, English and Economics also make the list. The rundown includes a few interesting facts about the majors, like what the most common job held by a recent Psychology grad is—a barista. Good news Puppet Arts majors, your degree didn’t make the list …
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > California Is About to Raise the Legal Age for Smoking and Vaping to 21
- > Drake Is Going to Host and Perform as a Musical Guest on May 14’s ‘SNL’
- > Lecrae Talks About His Song 'Deja Vu' on 'Fallon'
- > Enjoy This Dance-Inspired ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Remix
- > Report: Lebron’s ‘Space Jam 2’ Is Finally Happening