‘Vertical Forest’ Skyscrapers to Open in Milan
What do you do if you live in a densely-populated city, but still crave some green space? Well, if you’re a resident of Milan, you can always move into one of the city’s new “Vertical Forest” buildings. Two new skyscrapers in the city will open this year that are lined with various trees, plants and shrubs—the equivalent of 2.5 acres of forest. The architects say that along with adding some visual greenery to the city’s skyline, the buildings will also help absorb CO2 and produce oxygen. The buildings have also now helped create the world’s new most dangerous job: Hedge trimmer for vertical skyscrapers …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin