‘The Bible’, Tony Hale, Tina Fey and ‘Breaking Bad’ Among Emmy Nominees
The nominations for the 65th Prime Time Emmy Awards have been announced, and for the first time ever, shows from a streaming video provider have been included. Among the 14 noms for Netflix shows were Jason Bateman for Best Actor in a comedy series (Arrested Development) and House of Cards for Best Drama. Some other notable nominees include The Bible for Best TV Movie or Mini-Series, Tony Hale for Best Supporting Actor in a comedy series (Veep), Tina Fey for Best Actress in a comedy series (30 Rock), Breaking Bad for Best Drama, Jon Hamm for Best Actor in a dramatic series (Mad Men) and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon for Best Variety Series. Obviously, RELEVANT's extensive coverage of these programs and performers propelled them into a place of such cultural prestige. You can go here to see a full breakdown of this year’s nominations …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin