This ‘Honor System’ Coffee Shop Has No Employees
When David and Kimberly Brekke of North Dakota decided to convert an old bank into a coffee shop, they had a unique idea: The store would operate solely on the honor system. The Vault café has no cashier or employees, but instead solely relies on the honesty of customers to leave cash and swipe their own credit cards. So far, the model has been a success. As Neatorama notes, “David Brekke says that at the end of the typical day, he's not missing any money. On the contrary—there’s usually 15% more money than expected in the till.” Well done, humanity ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Pope Met with Mark Zuckerberg to Learn How to Bring ‘a Message of Hope’ to those in Need
- > The 10,000th Syrian Refugee Will Be Brought to America This Week
- > Paul Rudd Hasn’t Aged Since Appearing in This Super Nintendo Commercial in the Early ‘90s
- > This Hilarious Mockumentary Explains Where Thor’s Been During This Whole Civil War Thing
- > You’ve Never Been as Excited About Anything as This Kid Is About Going Back to School