This ‘Honor System’ Coffee Shop Has No Employees
When David and Kimberly Brekke of North Dakota decided to convert an old bank into a coffee shop, they had a unique idea: The store would operate solely on the honor system. The Vault café has no cashier or employees, but instead solely relies on the honesty of customers to leave cash and swipe their own credit cards. So far, the model has been a success. As Neatorama notes, “David Brekke says that at the end of the typical day, he's not missing any money. On the contrary—there’s usually 15% more money than expected in the till.” Well done, humanity ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal