This ‘Honor System’ Coffee Shop Has No Employees
When David and Kimberly Brekke of North Dakota decided to convert an old bank into a coffee shop, they had a unique idea: The store would operate solely on the honor system. The Vault café has no cashier or employees, but instead solely relies on the honesty of customers to leave cash and swipe their own credit cards. So far, the model has been a success. As Neatorama notes, “David Brekke says that at the end of the typical day, he's not missing any money. On the contrary—there’s usually 15% more money than expected in the till.” Well done, humanity ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course
- > Facebook Is Going to Bring Free Internet to 100 Countries
- > K-Cup Creator Feels Bad about All the Pollution Invention Has Caused
- > Protestors Arrested in Ferguson Following Release of DOJ Report