This ‘Honor System’ Coffee Shop Has No Employees
When David and Kimberly Brekke of North Dakota decided to convert an old bank into a coffee shop, they had a unique idea: The store would operate solely on the honor system. The Vault café has no cashier or employees, but instead solely relies on the honesty of customers to leave cash and swipe their own credit cards. So far, the model has been a success. As Neatorama notes, “David Brekke says that at the end of the typical day, he's not missing any money. On the contrary—there’s usually 15% more money than expected in the till.” Well done, humanity ...
Recommended For You
- > The Latest Derek Jeter Tribute Is the Most New York Thing Ever
- > Of Course Aubrey Plaza Will Voice Grumpy Cat in the Lifetime Christmas Movie
- > Obama’s Anti-ISIS Strategy Has Been Approved By the House
- > Bill Hader Is Returning to ‘Saturday Night Live’ … as a Host
- > Congratulations on Your Number One Album, Lecrae.