Syrian Men to Marry Rape Victims, Challenge Violence
In an attempt to combat the systemic violence in Syria in recent months, a group of men in the country has vowed to marry women who have been raped during the conflicts. Usually the victims of such attacks are killed by their families in their attempt to reclaim their "honor." Ibrahim Kayyis, one of the men who's said he will marry a rape victim, said: "We don’t want to change just the regime in Syria, but also this kind of [violence] . So we will marry them in front of everyone."
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'