Syrian Men to Marry Rape Victims, Challenge Violence
In an attempt to combat the systemic violence in Syria in recent months, a group of men in the country has vowed to marry women who have been raped during the conflicts. Usually the victims of such attacks are killed by their families in their attempt to reclaim their "honor." Ibrahim Kayyis, one of the men who's said he will marry a rape victim, said: "We don’t want to change just the regime in Syria, but also this kind of [violence] . So we will marry them in front of everyone."
Recommended For YouView More in Reject Apathy
- > KFC's Secret Recipe May Have Been Revealed to the Chicago Tribune
- > Orlando Hospitals Won't Bill Pulse Shooting Victims
- > Research: Most People Looking for a New Church Are Looking for Better Preaching
- > 13 People Were Killed in an Attack on Afghanistan's American University Yesterday
- > A Mad Lego Scientist Makes Objects That Rotate to Make Three Different Shadow Art Images