Syrian Men to Marry Rape Victims, Challenge Violence
In an attempt to combat the systemic violence in Syria in recent months, a group of men in the country has vowed to marry women who have been raped during the conflicts. Usually the victims of such attacks are killed by their families in their attempt to reclaim their "honor." Ibrahim Kayyis, one of the men who's said he will marry a rape victim, said: "We don’t want to change just the regime in Syria, but also this kind of [violence] . So we will marry them in front of everyone."
Recommended For YouView More in Reject Apathy
- > Two More Seasons of ‘Serial’ Are on the Way
- > Here’s the ‘Daredevil’/’Law & Order’ Credits Mash-up You’ve Been Waiting For
- > Students Give Senior Trip Money to Principal Battling Cancer
- > 1,200 Migrant Workers Have Died So Far in Lead Up to Qatar World Cup
- > ‘Photobomb’ and ‘Clickbait’ Are Among Latest Additions to Webster’s Dictionary