Syrian Men to Marry Rape Victims, Challenge Violence
In an attempt to combat the systemic violence in Syria in recent months, a group of men in the country has vowed to marry women who have been raped during the conflicts. Usually the victims of such attacks are killed by their families in their attempt to reclaim their "honor." Ibrahim Kayyis, one of the men who's said he will marry a rape victim, said: "We don’t want to change just the regime in Syria, but also this kind of [violence] . So we will marry them in front of everyone."
Recommended For YouView More in Reject Apathy
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > John Glenn, the First American to Orbit Earth, Died at 95
- > Report: Syria Has Stopped Bombing Aleppo So 8,000 Civilians Can Escape
- > Riz Ahmed Found Something to Rhyme With 'Calrissian' on 'The Tonight Show'
- > Tim Tebow Told an Incredible Story About a Crazy ‘Coincidence’ Involving John 3:16
- > Ryan Adams Has Released a New Song (and It’s Not a Taylor Swift Cover)