New App Creates a Mobile Neighborhood
By Reject Apathy
December 6, 2011
Being a neighbor is about more than just borrowing a cup of sugar. Living in community means lending a hand in big and small ways. To help with some of the smaller ways, there is Home Elephant. This new app, now available to thousands of neighborhoods, allows neighbors to keep each other in the know about everything from new births and traffic delays to community dinners and local crime. The app, available for iPhone, iPad and Android, has made its way to 38 countries. While face-to-face, intentional relationships with those around you is the goal, this is just one more way that social media can get you on the road to meaningful and personal community.
Recommended For YouView More in Reject Apathy
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Here's the Intense Trailer for the New Season of 'Sherlock'
- > Two Earthquakes Rocked Central Italy Within Hours of Each Other
- > 25 Refugees' Bodies Were Found in One Boat in the Mediterranean Sea
- > The Nation Debates: Is This Picture of Bill Murray or Tom Hanks?
- > This ‘Goonies’ Trailer Recut as a Horror Movie Is Terrifying