New App Creates a Mobile Neighborhood
By Reject Apathy
December 6, 2011
Being a neighbor is about more than just borrowing a cup of sugar. Living in community means lending a hand in big and small ways. To help with some of the smaller ways, there is Home Elephant. This new app, now available to thousands of neighborhoods, allows neighbors to keep each other in the know about everything from new births and traffic delays to community dinners and local crime. The app, available for iPhone, iPad and Android, has made its way to 38 countries. While face-to-face, intentional relationships with those around you is the goal, this is just one more way that social media can get you on the road to meaningful and personal community.
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?