New App Creates a Mobile Neighborhood
By Reject Apathy
December 6, 2011
Being a neighbor is about more than just borrowing a cup of sugar. Living in community means lending a hand in big and small ways. To help with some of the smaller ways, there is Home Elephant. This new app, now available to thousands of neighborhoods, allows neighbors to keep each other in the know about everything from new births and traffic delays to community dinners and local crime. The app, available for iPhone, iPad and Android, has made its way to 38 countries. While face-to-face, intentional relationships with those around you is the goal, this is just one more way that social media can get you on the road to meaningful and personal community.
Recommended For You
- > Renee Zellweger Will Star in a Movie Based on a Book from ‘Heaven Is For Real’ Author
- > American Detained in North Korea for Leaving Bible at Club Has Been Freed
- > Stairway to Prison: Did Led Zeppelin Steal Their Most Famous Song?
- > Here's Your First Look at Disney's Next Princess: Moana
- > Do Not Settle For Today's Hoverboard Annoucement