New App Creates a Mobile Neighborhood
By Reject Apathy
December 6, 2011
Being a neighbor is about more than just borrowing a cup of sugar. Living in community means lending a hand in big and small ways. To help with some of the smaller ways, there is Home Elephant. This new app, now available to thousands of neighborhoods, allows neighbors to keep each other in the know about everything from new births and traffic delays to community dinners and local crime. The app, available for iPhone, iPad and Android, has made its way to 38 countries. While face-to-face, intentional relationships with those around you is the goal, this is just one more way that social media can get you on the road to meaningful and personal community.
Recommended For YouView More in Reject Apathy
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet