This week we talk to one of the hottest bands currently making music, Vampire Weekend. After releasing their new album Modern Vampires of the City, performing on SNL, and gracing the cover of the new RELEVANT Magazine, the band is making their first appearance on our podcast (and we couldn't be happier)! We also play a new round of "Indie Rock Band or Firework," discuss the ethics of head transplants and tell some classic homemade firework stories.
Notable Jokes & Runs
1:46 - Jesse talks about homemade fireworks from when he was a kid. They also discuss making napalm and starting wildfires.
Notable Guest Moments
44:25 - Introduction to Vampire Weekend.
Other Notable Moments
12:09 - Eddie reveals a trade secret: the number one place where swimming pools leak.
14:56 - Calvin observes the difference between how men and women hold children.
17:23 - Jesse's slice about stress over choosing baby names. Eddie gives his own rules for picking names.
23:20 - Eddie asks the group the stories behind their kids' names. Cameron reveals he got his son's name from Twitter.
25:59 - Eddie's slice about human head transplants.
39:44 - Calvin's slice about Chinese children legally being obligated to visit their parents.
54:50 - They play Indie Rock Band or Firework with a call-in listener.
65:54 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "Tell us your most awkward celebrity encounter."
71:40 - Calvin talks about being offered french fries by Henry Winkler on a ski trip.
77:59 Outro: "Other firework names include Up in Smoke, Big Red One, Shriller, Phantom Sea-Blue Candle, Flaming Spear, Silver Salute Headbomb, 90-Second Crackling Assault, Hocus-Pocus, Pyro Pinnacle, Vector Nine Rockets, 8-Second Ride, Corruption, Delirium, Horseshoe Crab and Delta Fire. Have a safe Fourth of July, kids." - Jesse
Question of the Week
What is your craziest July 4th firework story?
As we all come together and celebrate the July 4th weekend with cookouts, pool parties and fireworks, we want to hear your craziest firework story or mishap.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- Tim Keller Announced That He Is Stepping Down as Redeemer’s Senior Pastor108
- Pope: It’s Better to Not Even Believe in God Than to Be a Hypocritical Christian1,449
- It's Time for the 'Sports Illustrated' Swimsuit Issue to Stop645
- Netflix Just Announced Tracy Morgan's First Comedy Special Since His Huge Car Wreck58
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Royal Caribbean Wants to Hire Someone to Go on Cruises and Post to Instagram
- > Here’s the Brand New Trailer for ‘Cars 3’
- > Tim Keller Announced That He Is Stepping Down as Redeemer’s Senior Pastor
- > Pope: It’s Better to Not Even Believe in God Than to Be a Hypocritical Christian
- > Netflix Just Announced Tracy Morgan's First Comedy Special Since His Huge Car Wreck
- > Kansas Man Allegedly Yelled ‘Get Out of My Country’ Before Shooting 2 Indian Men, Killing 1