Tim Siedell (@badbanana)
This week we talk to writer Tim Siedell - better known on Twitter as @badbanana. Tim is one of the funniest people on Twitter, having been put on the "must follow" list by the likes of Paste and MSNBC. We also spotlight up and coming Pop/R&B band, Haim, find out why Cameron had to take a court-ordered motorcycle class and discuss how Sharknado is bringing our country together.
A big thanks to the sponsor of this week's show, Warby Parker. Warby offers an easy way to buy fashion-forward prescription glasses and sunglasses online for only $95—and as part of our partnership, they're giving all RELEVANT Podcast listeners free expedited 2-day shipping on your purchase! To get your free home try-on and the shipping discount, visit WarbyParker.com and enter the promo code "RELEVANT" during your final check-out. Listen for more info on the show. We love Warby.
Notable Jokes & Runs
4:10 - Cameron talks about his time at Bob Goff's lodge in Canada. Jesse calls it Bob Goff's Law Log Lodge.
Notable Guest Moments
47:28 - Introduction to Tim Siedell, aka @badbanana
56:45 - Introduction to Haim.
Other Notable Moments
1:58 - Cameron talks about the previous episode, for which he was absent.
11:24 - Cameron talks about having to take a motorcycle safety class because someone else wrecked his Vespa.
20:30 - Jesse talks about Bike Week, motorcycle gangs, and hatchets.
26:55 - Jesse's slice about a column called "Why I am a Creationist". This leads to a really deep and interesting discussion about vitriolic discussions on social media.
38:01 - Jesse's slice about Twitter jokes about the film Sharknado.
41:18 - Eddie's slice about a Florida man who woke up speaking only Swedish.
44:07 - Calvin's slice about a new Japanese facial treatment using live snails.
66:11 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What was the most awkward or hilarious wedding moment you've ever seen?"
79:03 Outro: "You were invited to the Law Log Lodge?" - Jesse
Question of the Week
What's the funniest tweet you've ever read or written?
In honor of this week's podcast guest, we wanted to ask a Twitter-related question. So tell us, what is the funniest tweet you've ever read, or what is the tweet you've written that you're most proud of?
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- Pope: It’s Better to Not Even Believe in God Than to Be a Hypocritical Christian1,410
- It's Time for the 'Sports Illustrated' Swimsuit Issue to Stop435
- Netflix Just Announced Tracy Morgan's First Comedy Special Since His Huge Car Wreck54
- Kansas Man Allegedly Yelled ‘Get Out of My Country’ Before Shooting 2 Indian Men, Killing 1798
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Royal Caribbean Wants to Hire Someone to Go on Cruises and Post to Instagram
- > Pope: It’s Better to Not Even Believe in God Than to Be a Hypocritical Christian
- > Netflix Just Announced Tracy Morgan's First Comedy Special Since His Huge Car Wreck
- > Kansas Man Allegedly Yelled ‘Get Out of My Country’ Before Shooting 2 Indian Men, Killing 1
- > Migrants Around the World Are Meeting Closed Doors
- > Dan Harmon Will Appear on the Season Finale of Ken Jeong’s ‘Dr. Ken’