Sixpence None The Richer
This week we talk to Leigh Nash of legendary pop/rock band Sixpence None The Richer. After a breakup in 2004, the band is back with a new full-length album called Lost In Transition. We also talk to international evangelist Luis Palau about his friendship with someone who's been in the news recently, Pope Francis. Plus, Cameron's White House robe, Tyler's cephalophobia and a Wal-mart deer hunt. Of course.
A big thanks to our sponsor, The Bible Series, an epic 10-part miniseries retelling stories from Scripture for a whole new generation. Own The Bible On Blu-ray & DVD April 2! For more information, click here.
Notable Jokes & Runs
1:38 - Cameron assumes the podcast audience is illiterate and doesn't like to read the Bible. Jokes about listeners' comments being typed in by their parents.
2:54 - Chad says he has a one-eyed dog, and insists this is not a euphemism.
3:31 - Cameron jokes that everyone kissed to Leigh Nash back in the day.
4:06 - A discussion of the new Pope Francis, and how weird it would be to be friends with him. They talk about his positive feedback and "chill" demeanor. Tyler thinks the pope would be into the Dance Party.
6:28 - Cameron talks about going to the White House next week for an Easter Week prayer breakfast. He tells the story of when he got a Presidential robe from the gift shop closet. Tyler clarifies that this isn't Narnia.
23:26 - They talk about Tyler's fear of the sea and things with tentacles. We learn that Tyler's fears started with the Disney film The Little Mermaid. Other stories about shark experiences, and advice gleaned from Shark Week.
57:19 - Jesse sings the '90s jingle from the Crossfire game.
59:57 - Jesse and Tyler each rethink their position on the previous episode's space discussion based on the new idea that there might be tentacled aliens in space.
63:00 - They joke about sending Bob Goff into space in order to be an ambassador for humanity to the aliens. They end up deciding that Richard Branson should build Bob Goff a Starship Enterprise, stocked with Tomorrowland burgers for sustenance.
66:16 - Tyler calls Jesse the Questlove to his Justin Timberlake. Also, more discussion of the cast members' fears. Maya: kaciraffphobia (bugs crawling in and out of your ears), and eating fish. Jesse: rats, mice, and squirrels. Tyler's old tentacle-tattooed girlfriend.
74:12 - Jesse and Maya talk about wanting to switch birthdays, since hers is on April 1st. The group lists every gag gift they can think about, including a cake with a literal bomb in it.
Notable Guest Moments
36:47 - Introduction to Leigh Nash of Sixpence None the Richer.
45:35 - Introduction to Luis Palau.
Other Notable Moments
13:29 - Relevant Recommends: Woodkid (with jokes that his real name is Juan Geppetto), A Place at the Table, Sigur Ros.
21:24 - Jesse's slice about a two-headed shark found in the belly of another shark.
30:18 - Maya's slice about a guy who shot a ten-point buck after seeing it in a Wal-Mart parking lot.
33:32 - Maya also talks about a man in the UK who robbed a convenience store who was caught when they followed the footprints to his house.
34:11 - Tyler's slice about an office pool for the lottery and won. They gave a cut of the money to a woman who had participated in previous attempts, but not this particular time.
55:14 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What are your best tips for being cool?"
76:55 Outro: "Crossfire, you'll get caught up in the crossfire!" - Jesse
Question of the Week
What is your irrational fear?
Jesse is afraid of two-headed sharks. Tyler is afraid of large tentacled creatures. Maya is afraid of bugs nesting in her ear while she sleeps. So this week, we want to ask you, what is your irrational fear?
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- Pope: It’s Better to Not Even Believe in God Than to Be a Hypocritical Christian1,091
- It's Time for the 'Sports Illustrated' Swimsuit Issue to Stop392
- Netflix Just Announced Tracy Morgan's First Comedy Special Since His Huge Car Wreck42
- Kansas Man Allegedly Yelled ‘Get Out of My Country’ Before Shooting 2 Indian Men, Killing 1741
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Royal Caribbean Wants to Hire Someone to Go on Cruises and Post to Instagram
- > Pope: It’s Better to Not Even Believe in God Than to Be a Hypocritical Christian
- > Netflix Just Announced Tracy Morgan's First Comedy Special Since His Huge Car Wreck
- > Kansas Man Allegedly Yelled ‘Get Out of My Country’ Before Shooting 2 Indian Men, Killing 1
- > Migrants Around the World Are Meeting Closed Doors
- > Dan Harmon Will Appear on the Season Finale of Ken Jeong’s ‘Dr. Ken’