This week we talk to humanitarian and president of World Vision, Rich Stearns. Rich has a new book out called Unfinished that explores our calling to live out the whole Gospel. We also introduce you to a great new indie/folk band, The Lonely Wild, deal with the impending reality of lightsabers, and discover a new app to help us find our "heartpoints." Trust us, you won't want to miss this one...
A big thanks to our sponsor, Squarespace, the all-in-one platform that makes it fast and easy to create a professional website. For a free trial, click here, and get 20% off your first purchase on new accounts when you use offer code "RELEVANT10."
Notable Jokes & Runs
2:38 - Eddie and Chad talk about being the only two in the studio, and how awkward it is when they break into laughter at Jesse's or Tyler's jokes after not speaking for a long time.
7:11 - Eddie tells the story of when John Tesh tweeted at him when he was at Sea World.
9:04 - Jesse tells listeners what they can expect when they meet him at Catalyst.
17:17 - Jokes about Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Jr.
62:24 - Tyler starts a discussion about Bronies.
Notable Guest Moments
36:20 - Introduction to Rick Stearns.
52:18 - Introduction to The Lonely Wild.
Other Notable Moments
5:54 - They talk about going to the Catalyst conference.
13:12 - Eddie reveals that his name is Edward V. Kaufholz, III.
16:34 - Jesse's slice about research claiming scientists have discovered a new form of matter, similar to a lightsaber. He complains that they should have invented other sci-fi technology before they got to this one.
22:12 - Eddie's slice about a new app called HeartPoints, which allows you to check in your emotions, one of the options for which is "anti-God".
30:45 - Tyler's slice about Franco Scaramuzza, a Nashville fencing instructor who stopped a robbery with a foil sword.
60:42 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What are the most embarrassing shows you watch on Netflix?"
69:33 Outro: "You've arrived when there's a three-ton mammal doing a choreographed dance routine to music you composed." - Jesse
Question of the Week
What movie inventions would you like to see in real life?
Scientists have discovered that we are on the verge of being able to create a real-life lightsaber. So naturally, it got us thinking about all the other cool things we'd like to see and use, so this week we want to hear from you, what other movie inventions would you like to see in real life?
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Donald Glover Is the New Lando Calrissian
- > This Guy Films Himself Singing in the Car, But Ends Up Recording His Own Car Accident
- > China Releases a Christian Pastor Jailed 7 Years for Organizing a Prayer Meeting
- > Watch Jimmy Kimmel Hire Doctor Strange to Do Magic Tricks at a Kids’ Party
- > 72 Sex Slaves Freed in an International FBI Sting Operation