Rachel Held Evans
This week we talk to author Rachel Held Evans about her new book, A Year of Biblical Womanhood. We also talk to legendary musician Britt Daniel (Spoon) about his new band, Divine Fits. And no podcast would be complete without breaking down the week's entertainment releases, recapping Cameron & Maya's first date, discovering what Sisqó is up to, and giving away some free vinyl.
A big thanks to the sponsor of Jesse's line, Audible.com, the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the Internet. They're giving all RELEVANT Podcast listeners a free audiobook! To get yours, click here. Also be sure to check out our other sponsors, The Justice Conference and The Jesus Film App.
Listen to the full interview with Rachel Held Evanshttp://rachelheldevans.com/
Notable Jokes & Runs
13:34 - Jesse jokes about Shaggy's retrospective album being a missing persons report. They talk about other old R&B artists and what they might be doing for a living today.
Notable Guest Moments
42:51 - Introduction to Rachel Held Evans.
51:33 - Introduction to Divine Fits.
Other Notable Moments
0:48 - Cameron announces that today is the anniversary of his first date with Maya, twelve years ago.
3:48 - Cameron tells the story of his first date with Maya.
20:10 - Maya asks the group what they're doing for Advent.
21:02 - The group talks about the upcoming release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, and recap their reactions to the Lord of the Rings films. Cameron brings up the (incorrect and exaggerated) rumors of seizures resulting from the higher frame rate.
27:52 - Cameron makes fun of Jesse for his continual dual slices.
28:30 - Jesse's slice about the Onion's story on Kim Jong-un being named Sexiest Man Alive.
30:08 - Jesse's slice about North Korea finding a unicorn lair of a former king.
32:05 - Maya's slice about Starbucks' new metal giftcards. Cameron steals the slice.
35:11 - Maya's other slice, about a man who brought a snake on a plane due to bad security at the Cairo airport.
37:53 - Calvin's slice about the word "Reply-Allpocalypse". Calvin also makes slice-related puns.
59:41 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What are you excited to give?"
70:35 Outro: "But all month I'm like, you know, I could ravage this town's chocolate. Right now. And nothing can stop me." - Jesse
Question of the Week
What is the most overrated movie of all time?
With the release of "The Hobbit" (and the crew expressing no desire to go watch it), it got us thinking about some of the most overrated movies. So this week we want to hear from you - in your opinion - what is one movie that the world absolutely loves, yet you find to be nothing but an overrated waste of time?
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- Pope: It’s Better to Not Even Believe in God Than to Be a Hypocritical Christian1,436
- It's Time for the 'Sports Illustrated' Swimsuit Issue to Stop564
- Netflix Just Announced Tracy Morgan's First Comedy Special Since His Huge Car Wreck58
- Kansas Man Allegedly Yelled ‘Get Out of My Country’ Before Shooting 2 Indian Men, Killing 1803
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Royal Caribbean Wants to Hire Someone to Go on Cruises and Post to Instagram
- > Pope: It’s Better to Not Even Believe in God Than to Be a Hypocritical Christian
- > Netflix Just Announced Tracy Morgan's First Comedy Special Since His Huge Car Wreck
- > Kansas Man Allegedly Yelled ‘Get Out of My Country’ Before Shooting 2 Indian Men, Killing 1
- > Migrants Around the World Are Meeting Closed Doors
- > Dan Harmon Will Appear on the Season Finale of Ken Jeong’s ‘Dr. Ken’