This week we talk to one of our favorite new bands, Purity Ring. The Canadian electronic duo released their debut album last summer, and it has quickly become one of our top albums of the year. Also, we bring in the editors to go inside the new issue of RELEVANT featuring Rainn Wilson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and former podcast guests Bob Goff and The Heavy. And if that wasn't enough, we discuss parental trick or treating, mattress jumping, the top 5 Disney/Star Wars movie titles, and yes, the captured "mysterious monkey" in Tampa!
Notable Jokes & Runs
2:11 - Jesse talks about changing his fantasy football team name to the Loverland Lovers.
3:05 - They talk about what they did for Halloween the previous night. Parents carrying wine and beer, the redistribution of candy, the politics of Halloween, passive-aggressive Christian signs, bullies stealing candy, etc.
7:06 - Jesse tells a story about a sting where he planned to trap people stealing Halloween candy.
10:30 - They joke about Good Will Hunting, and Cameron says "It's not your fault" five times.
23:00 - Cameron gives an update on the monkey in Tampa: it's been caught.
29:24 - Jesse gives an update on the captured monkey in Tampa.
Notable Guest Moments
32:41 - Introduction to Purity Ring.
Other Notable Moments
15:12 - Jesse's slice about a guy in California whose job is to jump on mattresses.
19:43 - Maya's slice about giant snails eating houses in Miami.
24:40 - Calvin's slice about Disney buying LucasFilm. Jesse offends thousands of listeners by calling Star Wars overrated. Calvin gives a list of top give titles Disney should give to Star Wars: Episode VII, as well as new Indiana Jones films.
40:54 - The team talks about the new issue of Relevant: Bob Goff, Rainn Wilson, Christmas, Jesse's predictions, DC Talk, Joseph Gordon Levitt, etc.
55:56 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What is your best Halloween costume?"
65:28 Outro: "If there's two things I know about monkeys, one is awesome memories; two, they are hellbent on revenge." - Jesse
Question of the Week
What historical biopic film would you like to see made?
Yes, there's an election this week...but it's also the week that the movie Lincoln comes out. So our question for you is pretty straight forward this week. What historical biopic film would you like to see made? Also, who would star in it and would there be any possible plot twists?
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > At Least 10 Jewish Centers Have Received Bomb Threats Today
- > Keanu Reeves on Matrix 4: 'That’d Be Weird, But Why Not?'
- > Watch Daisy Ridley *Not* Give Away 'Star Wars VIII' Secrets
- > This Supercut of the 5 Films Nominated for the Best Cinematography Oscar Is the Pick-Me-Up Your Monday Needs
- > Enjoy Some Disney Nostalgia With This New 'Beauty and the Beast' Clip