On this week's podcast, we catch up with Jacob Merritt of up-and-coming rock band Pomegranates. Also, in honor of a certain recent holiday, we bring back legendary podcast game "Indie Band or Firework?" (it's Calvin's first time playing). You flood us with your #social #media #pet #peeves, no one eats almonds while we record, and a lot more.
Notable Jokes & Runs
1:30 - They talk about someone thinking Jesse actually lived in a town called Loverland. Cameron talks about the park across from his house, and a similar place in Tulsa.
4:25 - Maya talks about making enchiladas, and the discussion turns again to the Mexican white sauce. Jesse then talks about Pinterest recipes, and wanting to post fake recipes there as a prank. #puttinonthepin
9:19 - They talk about the upcoming game of Indie Rock Band or Firework? Cameron tells a firework story from his childhood.
11:50 - Jesse does an impression of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
12:15 - Cameron talks about when he lit a swamp on fire. Calvin jokes that he unknowingly created a superhero.
15:26 - Firework talk turns to a Pinterest discussion. They discuss guys on Pinterest.
31:46 - Calvin tells the story of how he met his wife on MySpace.
32:46 - They discuss what Tom from MySpace is doing these days.
45:55 - Indie Rock Band or Firework? Maya vs. Calvin.
59:16 - Chad tells the story of when he met his wife.
Notable Guest Moments
36:31 - Introduction to Pomegranates.
Other Notable Moments
2:36 - Cameron has no almonds this episode, but Maya has Reese's sent in by a listener.
21:06 - Jesse's slice about the Drive a Tank facility, where you can drive decommissioned military tanks and shoot machine guns.
25:11 - Maya's slice about a program in Florida where people volunteer to dress as vacationers to stop crime.
27:43 - Calvin's slice about wolf whistles disappearing from London streets.
54:04 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What are your social media pet peeves?"
63:52 Outro: "What you described is the combination of a land mine and a Molotov cocktail." - Jesse
Question of the Week
How did you meet your love interest? Or have you ever done anything creepy on Myspace?
Long before Facebook and Twitter, our lives were consumed with a place we liked to call "Myspace." Some of us (Calvin) even used it to meet our future spouse. So we want to know how you met your love interest. And if you can't answer that question, just tell us if you have any creepy Myspace stories. Post your answers below and we'll read our favorites on next week's show!
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Michigan Township Passes Resolution to Refuse Refugees
- > New Study Suggests Parents Co-Sleep With Their Babies for at Least a Year
- > Mediterranean Sea is 3 Times Deadlier for Refugees This Year
- > This Dad Photoshops Real Animals So They Look Like His 6-Year-Old’s Drawings
- > The Trailer for Netflix's 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Is Finally Here