This week we spotlight worship leader and former Delirious? frontman Martin Smith. He has a new solo album out (God's Great Dance Floor, Step 01) and he shares with us his heart for God and these new songs he's created. We also talk to innovation leader Bobby Gruenewald. As part of the LifeChurch.tv team, Bobby helped create the YouVersion Bible App, which has been downloaded over 90 million times! And we unveil a new theme (and theme song) for our summer, which includes a Jesse Carey singalong. Let's just say we now understand why Jesse is a writer and not a singer...
A big thanks to the sponsor of this week's show, Warby Parker. Warby offers an easy way to buy fashion-forward prescription glasses and sunglasses online for only $95—and as part of our partnership, they're giving all RELEVANT Podcast listeners free expedited 2-day shipping on your purchase! To get your free in-home try-on and the shipping discount, visit WarbyParker.com and enter the promo code "RELEVANT" during your final check-out. Listen for more info on the show. We love Warby.
Listen to the full interview with Bobby Gruenewald
Notable Jokes & Runs
5:41 - Cameron talks about Maya's absence. The first "Boys of Summer" episode.
7:30 - Jesse sings along to bits of "The Boys of Summer".
9:07 - The group each narrates their version of "The Boys Are Back in Town" music video, starring all of them. Throwing footballs, playing chess, skateboarding, flipping burgers, running on grass, riding lawnmowers on the highway, a police shootout. Chad apparently dies.
18:33 - Cameron tells the story about his new shower caddy, and trying to combine bathroom activities while in the shower. Jesse says he shaves while boiling eggs.
Notable Guest Moments
42:04 - Introduction to Martin Smith.
64:00 - Introduction to Bobby Gruenewald.
Other Notable Moments
2:19 - Cameron reacts to Chad guest-hosting the previous episode.
23:18 - Jesse's slice about the book Overdressed, which predicted a disaster in a clothing factory. Fast fashion vs. sustainable clothing. The cost of cheap clothing is poor working conditions for other countries.
33:22 - Tyler's slice about a man who believes he's found the original recipe of Coca Cola in letters he bought at an estate sale, and is selling it on eBay.
53:28 - Relevant Recommends: Vampire Weekend, The Great Gatsby, Narrative.ly.
74:00 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What was the worst summer job you ever had?"
82:40 Outro: "I can see you! Keep playing it, keep going." - Jesse
Question of the Week
What is your theme song for summer 2013?
This week we unveiled our theme - and theme song - for the upcoming summer. So now we want to ask you, what is your theme song for summer 2013 and why?
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- State of Maryland Will Fight Against Adnan Syed, of 'Serial' Fame, Getting a New Trial 24
- All Charges Were Dropped Against the Anti-Abortion Activists Who Filmed Themselves at Planned Parenthood866
- Why the Pro-Life Message of ‘Born This Way’ Is So Important1,715
- Christians Need to Recover the Lost Art of Patience601
- > State of Maryland Will Fight Against Adnan Syed, of 'Serial' Fame, Getting a New Trial
- > All Charges Were Dropped Against the Anti-Abortion Activists Who Filmed Themselves at Planned Parenthood
- > Watch Justin Timberlake, Steph Curry and Alfonso Ribeiro Do the Carlton
- > ISIS Terrorists Murder Elderly Priest After Storming Church in France
- > ‘Left Behind’ Co-Author Tim LaHaye Has Died at the Age of 90