This week we talk to author and pastor Mark Batterson. Mark pastors National Community Church in Washington, DC and has authored numerous books including his latest, The Circle Maker. We also unveil a new holiday campaign, try to wrap our minds around a 26-pound gummy python and list the top Anthony Bourdain band names.
And you thought we were joking about the 26 pound gummy python...
Notable Jokes & Runs
1:07 - They talk about losing Audible as a sponsor for Jesse's Skype line.
8:57 - Calvin talks about Martin Smith nudging him out of his way at a Deliriou5? concert.
11:21 - Cameron talks about Banning Liebsher of Jesus Culture being in his fantasy basketball league. Also, jokes about Kurt Rambis.
51:00 - Cameron talks about shooting water balloons at kids at the park across from his house.
Notable Guest Moments
35:02 - Introduction to Mark Batterson.
Other Notable Moments
3:16 - Cameron announces they are recording the show early, at 6am, because Jesse wanted to change the schedule.
17:17 - Jesse's slice about the new sport of Ultimate Trampoline Dodgeball.
19:40 - Jesse's second slice, about an eight foot long, twenty seven pound gummy python.
21:46 - Cameron gives a shout out to two listeners for their wedding anniversary.
22:56 - Maya's slice about Five Hour Energy Drinks killing people. Calvin suggests soaking the party python in Five Hour Energy drink.
26:24 - Calvin's slice on Anthony Bourdain revealing the most disgusting things he'd eaten. Calvin gives a list of the top five band names that could also be Anthony Bourdain meals.
43:30 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What is your vision for the new JC Penney?"
57:07 Outro: "I'm bringing two cups of coffee, one to drink and one to throw a hot one in your face!" - Jesse
Question of the Week
What do you want for Christmas this year?
Next week is Black Friday, which officially (or unofficially?) kicks off the Christmas shopping season. So we want you to tell us the most awesome, unusual, epic thing you plan on asking for this Christmas.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > New Research Has Shown Greenland's Ice Sheet Could Melt Faster Than Scientists Thought
- > Some Geniuses Created Water-Powered Speeder Bikes from 'Star Wars'
- > Wesley Snipes Is Writing a Novel About Spiritual Warfare
- > The ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ Trailer Just Dropped
- > Watch Pharrell and Kim Burrell Perform the Gospel-Anthem ‘I See a Victory’ on ‘The Tonight Show’