The Lone Bellow and Eugene Cho
This week we introduce you to THE band to know in 2013: The Lone Bellow. The trio makes self-described "Brooklyn country music" and has just released their emotionally captivating self-titled debut (that cracked the top 15 on iTunes). We also talk to Eugene Cho, pastor of Quest Church and founder of One Day's Wages, a movement seeking to alleviate extreme global poverty. Also, we deal with Lance Armstrong, drop some David Caruso wisdom, and do our best to implement your suggestions for making the show more enjoyable. Oh, and don't miss our favorite listener-submitted Yolo/Bolo pictures below!
A big thanks to the sponsor of Jesse's line, Audible.com, the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the Internet. They're giving all RELEVANT Podcast listeners a free audiobook! To get yours, click here.
Credit: Zhenya Shulgin
Credit: Lee Tucker
Credit: Eric Keel
Credit: Zhenya Shulgin
Credit: Kevin Peloquin
Credit: Tim Smith
Credit: Caleb Hillrich
Notable Jokes & Runs
25:09 - A clip of David Caruso's one-liners from CIS.
27:52 - Calvin jokes about having his own app with Christopher Walken voices.
Notable Guest Moments
3:01 - Cameron talks about The Lone Bellow.
34:13 - Introduction to The Lone Bellow.
46:00 - Introduction to Eugene Cho.
Other Notable Moments
5:47 - Cameron talks about the Toro y Moi album and the vulgar lyrics of one of the songs. Jesse jokes that he thinks the singer wants to be Enya.
8:34 - Cameron talks about the upcoming new Carman album.
14:00 - Jesse's slice about an "advertorial" story in The Atlantic about scientology, which was an advertisement thinly disguised as an actual news story. Cameron also talks about pay for play advertisement and how Relevant does not do that sort of thing.
22:23 - Maya's slice about Android apps that are not transparent about what they do and how they follow users' data.
29:39 - Calvin's slice about Lance Armstrong's interview with Oprah and the fallout of his steroid use confession.
52:53 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "How do we make the show better?"
56:59 - They talk about a listener suggestion to make the podcast archives searchable and tagged by subjects, jokes, etc.
62:52 Outro: "Well, that oughta shine some light on the situation. Yeaahhhh!" - Jesse
Question of the Week
What is your best David Caruso one-liner?
CSI Miami. It's a staple on our DVR's and in our hearts. And as anyone who has invested time in the show will tell you, the best moments come when David Caruso puts on the sunglasses and delivers a gut-punching one liner right before The Who screams in excitement. So this week we want to hear your best David Caruso one-liner. Give us a little context for the scene and then give us "the line." We'll have Jesse reenact our favorites on next week's show.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > The Second Season of 'Jessica Jones' Will Only Have Women Directors
- > An American Missionary Was Kidnapped in Niger Earlier This Month
- > Adnan Syed Could Soon Be Freed on Bail
- > Mel Gibson Tells Joel Osteen that His ‘Passion’ Follow-up Will Be Surprising on a ‘Theological Level’
- > You Can Actually Tell When Your Friends Are Fake Laughing at Your Jokes, Because Science