On this week's show, hip-hop artist Lecrae joins us to talk about his chart-topping new album, Gravity, and the faith that propels his mission. This guy is legit and we're seriously big fans! We also spotlight HopeMob, an innovative organization started by Shaun King that brings hope to people with need all over the world. Also appearing, cyborg cockroaches, NFL fights and Sylvester Stallone pictures (what else is new?).
Notable Jokes & Runs
13:16 - The beginning of a long discussion about Sylvester Stallone, the poster for The Expendables movie, and hypothetical photography sessions for Rambo and other Stallone movies.
Notable Guest Moments
34:17 - Introduction to Lecrae.
42:46 - Introduction to Shaun King.
Other Notable Moments
1:35 - Cameron reacts to the Jungle Bird interview from last week's podcast.
5:01 - Cameron and Jesse discuss their experiences at local football games.
19:54 - Jesse's slice about a secret meeting between Hillary Clinton and Mexico's foreign minister, which may or may not have been about invading Canada.
21:03 - Jesse reads a list of why the United States should invade Canada.
22:48 - Maya's slice about a video about a guy in a retirement village who wrestles an alligator after it attacks his dog.
25:20 - Maya's other slice about the actor who played Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell, touring as his character at wrestling matches. The slice is hijacked by a short run of jokes.
28:22 - Calvin's slice about cyborg cockroaches saving people's lives. Tagline: "I'll Be Bug"
49:35 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What is your craziest CraigsList story?"
60:06 - Maya points out that it's Chad's three year anniversary with the podcast.
62:20 Outro: "Artificially-intelligent super-powered insects. What could possibly go wrong?" - Jesse
Question of the Week
What animal or insect would you like to strap a backpack on and robotically control?
Thanks to technological advances, scientists are now strapping backpacks on cockroaches to robotically control them. So naturally, we'd like to hear from you, what animal or insect would you like to strap a backpack on and robotically control? In addition, tell us how you would use your cyborg animal to play pranks on people.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Lecrae's New Song 'The River of Jordan' Explores Losing Religion and Finding God
- > The House Voted to More Easily Allow States to Defund Planned Parenthood
- > Scientists Might Soon Be Able to Bring Back the Woolly Mammoth
- > Steve Irwin’s Son Visited ‘The Tonight Show’ and Totally Captured His Dad’s Passion
- > Survey: 76% of ‘White Evangelical Protestants’ Agree With the President’s Refugee Ban