This week we talk to singer, songwriter and worship leader Kim Walker-Smith. As part of the Jesus Culture Band, Kim's voice is widely recognized, and her solo projects and new album with husband Skyler Smith, have helped make her one of our favorite worship leaders in today's church. During the rest of the podcast, the crew takes things down a few notches by talking about the wonders of falconry, old band names, and of course, the royal baby.
A big thanks to our sponsor, Audible.com, the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the Internet. They're giving all RELEVANT Podcast listeners a free audiobook! To get yours, click here.
Also thanks to the episode's sponsor, Tonx Coffee, an amazing new roaster out of LA. They source beans directly from the growers, roast them, and ship within 24 hours so they're as fresh as can be. For a free sample, check out Tonx.org/RELEVANT.
Notable Jokes & Runs
3:00 - Tyler talks about missing the podcast, and the group jokes about using AIM (because they're recording from the year 2001). This leads to a bunch of '90s Internet jokes.
5:52 - Jesse talks about the Chicago Bulls music.
8:07 - Eddie talks about his first email address, which was a Prodigy account.
9:15 - Jesse talks about having professional relationships with people with non-professional email addresses.
11:42 - They talk about the musical instruments they each play.
12:57 - Chad and Jesse talk about their high-school era bands, band names, and mock t-shirt designs.
16:49 - Tyler talks about his experience at Night of Joy ("the Christian Lollapalooza").
42:27 - Another epic discussion about falcons and falconry begins.
46:05 - Jesse and Eddie talk about convincing their wives to okay falconry, while they're asleep.
Notable Guest Moments
47:58 - Introduction to Kim Walker Smith.
Other Notable Moments
22:32 - Pool Leak Tip of the Week: Above-ground pools.
25:59 - Eddie's slice about the suspension of athletes for using steroids.
36:30 - Tyler's slice about a teacher who was fired for putting out a fire. A Relevant reader discovers the real truth behind the story.
42:27 - Jesse's slice about seagulls infesting a stadium. The solution? Falcons.
59:05 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What is the funniest tweet you've ever read or written?"
60:25 - Chad and Eddie talk about being vegetarians.
71:04 Outro: "I've made a huge mistake! Someone help me! The falcon's out of control!" - Jesse
Question of the Week
What is your worst or most embarrassing online mishap?
This week we got talking about old email and IM names, and it got us thinking about other funny internet stories. So this week we want to hear from you, what is your worst or most embarrassing online mishap?
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > New Research Has Shown Greenland's Ice Sheet Could Melt Faster Than Scientists Thought
- > Some Geniuses Created Water-Powered Speeder Bikes from 'Star Wars'
- > Wesley Snipes Is Writing a Novel About Spiritual Warfare
- > The ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ Trailer Just Dropped
- > Watch Pharrell and Kim Burrell Perform the Gospel-Anthem ‘I See a Victory’ on ‘The Tonight Show’