Jon Acuff and Beautiful Eulogy
Author, speaker, blogger and podcast-favorite Jon Acuff joins us this week as a guest co-host. We love it when Jon does a podcast with us, and this week we even get him to play against a listener in a "basketball-themed" game. We also introduce you to one of our favorite new hip-hop collectives, Portland's Beautiful Eulogy. You might already be familiar with them as they produced Propaganda's last album, but their debut solo album, Satellite Kite, is a lyrical and musical achievement you definitely don't want to miss out on. Oh, and did you know that you can download it for free? A free podcast AND a free album? You're welcome...
A big thanks to our sponsor, Audible.com, the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the Internet. They're giving all RELEVANT Podcast listeners a free audiobook! To get yours, click here.
Notable Jokes & Runs
2:34 - Jon talks about recording the audio version of his book and discovering typos and factual errors.
6:26 - Jesse and Jon talk about glitches in '90s video games.
37:01 - Jesse's new game: "The 'He Got Game' Game". Basketball trivia. Jon vs. a listener.
Notable Guest Moments
25:46 - Introduction to Beautiful Eulogy.
Other Notable Moments
2:04 - Jon Acuff guest-hosts.
10:05 - Cameron talks about Tyler's absence from the podcast this episode, and announces his move to Nashville.
16:08 - Jon's slice about baseball players using PEDs.
17:27 - Jesse's slice about actors attached to the Grumpy Cat movie, and a book deal for Chris P. Bacon. Jesse talks about Internet animals he considers more worthy of a book deal.
55:08 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "How would you turn the convergence of a cheerleading competition, comic con and boat show into a summer blockbuster?"
63:53 Outro: "What's the deal with warp whistles? You miss, like, half the game." - Jesse
Question of the Week
Who else would you like to see guest-host this podcast?
We love it when Jon Acuff comes on to guest-host the podcast with us, but it got us thinking about other potential guest-hosts. So this week we want to know who else you would like to see come on and guest-host the RELEVANT Podcast with us. And don't just give us names, but tell us why you would like them to guest-host and, in the event they agree to come on, what we should do with them.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President