Francis Chan & David Platt
This week we talk to Francis Chan and David Platt about their new project, The Multiply Movement. The prominent authors and speakers talk about the very practical side of Jesus' desire for us to make disciples who make disciples. We also get a listener on the line to compete in a summer game, discuss the separation of church and state, and salute the queen of summer (and master of thighs), Suzanne Somers...
A big thanks to the episode's sponsor, Tonx Coffee, an amazing new roaster out of LA. They source beans directly from the growers, roast them, and ship within 24 hours so they're as fresh as can be. For a free sample, check out Tonx.org/RELEVANT.
Listen to the full interview with Francis Chan & David Platt
Notable Jokes & Runs
4:00 - A discussion of Susanne Somer's Thigh Master and powerful thighs.
8:33 - A discussion of magician robbers and the film Now You See Me. They theorize that magicians frequently rob banks, and that banks account for this in their budgets.
57:05 - The Summer Movie Showdown, Jesse's new game. Tyler vs. Keke Pounds.
Notable Guest Moments
37:27 - Introduction to Francis Chan and David Platt.
Other Notable Moments
6:07 - Jesse talks about his son, and jokes that they almost called him Jon Lovitz Carey. We learn that his son is in the nation's top grabbing percentile.
12:59 - Jesse's slice about the Supreme Court hearing arguments about the separation of church and state. They discuss whether or not America is a Christian nation, and whether we have anything to gain from legislating religion.
22:10 - Jesse talks about how Paul dealt with those of other religions in the Bible. The others joke that he means Paul Rudd and Athens, GA. They also discuss praying in restaurants and what Jesus had to say about it, and Christians who try to correct those who say "Happy Holidays".
29:18 - Tyler's slice about Sports Illustrated's list of top 10 earners.
50:06 - Relevant Recommends: Daft Punk, Daughter, Maron.
74:40 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What's your summer theme song?"
22:38 - Jesse gives suggestions for the Question of the Week involving summer movies starring yourself and Suzanne Somers.
84:50 Outro: "What's years and years of hard work and research when you have the opinions of Suzanne Somers?" - Jesse
Question of the Week
If your summer was a movie co-starring Suzanne Somers, what would the name of the movie and the tagline be?
You and Suzanne Somers are starring in a movie about your summer. So we need to know the name of the movie and the marketing tagline for this epic blockbuster.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > New Research Has Shown Greenland's Ice Sheet Could Melt Faster Than Scientists Thought
- > Some Geniuses Created Water-Powered Speeder Bikes from 'Star Wars'
- > Wesley Snipes Is Writing a Novel About Spiritual Warfare
- > The ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ Trailer Just Dropped
- > Watch Pharrell and Kim Burrell Perform the Gospel-Anthem ‘I See a Victory’ on ‘The Tonight Show’