The Digital Age
This week we spotlight one of our favorite new worship bands, The Digital Age. Fans of the David Crowder Band might recognize these guys - and there's good reason for that - so listen to our interview with them to find out why. Plus, Jesse finds a real shark attack (not a Megalodon one), we update you on the Left Behind movie, and Cameron makes a very important announcement.
A big thanks to our sponsor, Squarespace, the all-in-one platform that makes it fast and easy to create a professional website. For a free trial, click here, and get 10% off your first purchase on new accounts when you use offer code "RELEVANT8."
CLICK HERE to get involved in this week's challenge brought to you by One Life: The challenge is to give backpacks full of school supplies, food and clothing to 2,000 orphans in East Asia. When you purchase ONE backpack, One Life gives TWO backpacks to orphans in need.
Notable Jokes & Runs
27:14 - A discussion begins about Tampa, FL ("It's a different kind of Floridian."), and people who own airboats. This leads to Eddie talking about his school being right next to the Monkey Island.
Notable Guest Moments
41:09 - Introduction to The Digital Age.
Other Notable Moments
5:14 - Jesse brings up the backlash against Cameron's comments about science fiction fans from last episode.
12:55 - A long discussion begins about the upcoming Nicholas Cage remake of Left Behind. They talk about Ashley Tisdale leaving the film, and Calvin suggests it should be called Left Behind: The Squeakquel.
21:57 - Jesse's slice about a shark attack survivor who has also survived lightning, rattlesnake bites, and monkey punches.
30:20 - Eddie's slice about a secret art installation beneath Times Square.
33:49 - Calvin's slice about a woman in England tweeting for help while trapped inside a church. He guesses what Obama, Rhianna, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Justin Bieber would tweet if they were locked in a church.
52:31 - Cameron announces his sabbatical from the podcast.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > The Second Season of 'Jessica Jones' Will Only Have Women Directors
- > An American Missionary Was Kidnapped in Niger Earlier This Month
- > Adnan Syed Could Soon Be Freed on Bail
- > Mel Gibson Tells Joel Osteen that His ‘Passion’ Follow-up Will Be Surprising on a ‘Theological Level’
- > You Can Actually Tell When Your Friends Are Fake Laughing at Your Jokes, Because Science