The Digital Age
This week we spotlight one of our favorite new worship bands, The Digital Age. Fans of the David Crowder Band might recognize these guys - and there's good reason for that - so listen to our interview with them to find out why. Plus, Jesse finds a real shark attack (not a Megalodon one), we update you on the Left Behind movie, and Cameron makes a very important announcement.
A big thanks to our sponsor, Squarespace, the all-in-one platform that makes it fast and easy to create a professional website. For a free trial, click here, and get 10% off your first purchase on new accounts when you use offer code "RELEVANT8."
CLICK HERE to get involved in this week's challenge brought to you by One Life: The challenge is to give backpacks full of school supplies, food and clothing to 2,000 orphans in East Asia. When you purchase ONE backpack, One Life gives TWO backpacks to orphans in need.
Notable Jokes & Runs
27:14 - A discussion begins about Tampa, FL ("It's a different kind of Floridian."), and people who own airboats. This leads to Eddie talking about his school being right next to the Monkey Island.
Notable Guest Moments
41:09 - Introduction to The Digital Age.
Other Notable Moments
5:14 - Jesse brings up the backlash against Cameron's comments about science fiction fans from last episode.
12:55 - A long discussion begins about the upcoming Nicholas Cage remake of Left Behind. They talk about Ashley Tisdale leaving the film, and Calvin suggests it should be called Left Behind: The Squeakquel.
21:57 - Jesse's slice about a shark attack survivor who has also survived lightning, rattlesnake bites, and monkey punches.
30:20 - Eddie's slice about a secret art installation beneath Times Square.
33:49 - Calvin's slice about a woman in England tweeting for help while trapped inside a church. He guesses what Obama, Rhianna, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Justin Bieber would tweet if they were locked in a church.
52:31 - Cameron announces his sabbatical from the podcast.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- Mutemath’s Paul Meany Has Released a Remix of 21 Pilots’ ‘Stressed Out’ for a Good Cause3
- Community Paints Over Racist Slurs Left on Neighbors’ Home By Vandals Before Family Returns Home2
- Federal Judge Orders Timetable for Release of 15,000 More Clinton Emails4
- We Should All Go Home From Work Early, Says Science 4
- > More Than 60 People Killed Following Massive Earthquake in Italy
- > Watch This Little League Coach Go to the Pitcher’s Mound to Tell His Son He Loves Him
- > Mutemath’s Paul Meany Has Released a Remix of 21 Pilots’ ‘Stressed Out’ for a Good Cause
- > Community Paints Over Racist Slurs Left on Neighbors’ Home By Vandals Before Family Returns Home
- > Federal Judge Orders Timetable for Release of 15,000 More Clinton Emails