This week we talk to one of our favorite singer/songwriters, Audrey Assad. Audrey's new album, Fortunate Fall, is out now, and you can currently stream it on The Drop. Plus, the crew discusses the rumored 'N Sync reunion (at length), we try out some new top-level domains, and Candy Talk makes an unexpected comeback.
A big thanks to our sponsor, Audible.com, the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the Internet. They're giving all RELEVANT Podcast listeners a free audiobook! To get yours, click here.
CLICK HERE to get involved in this week's challenge brought to you by One Life: The challenge is to give backpacks full of school supplies, food and clothing to 2,000 orphans in East Asia. When you purchase ONE backpack, One Life gives TWO backpacks to orphans in need.
Audrey Assad, recording her new album, Fortunate Fall
Notable Jokes & Runs
2:53 - Eddie steals Jesse's podcast greeting.
6:35 - Jokes about '90s electronic music players such as WinAmp.
8:36 - The guys talk about Pinterest and fake recipes.
12:11 - A discussion about the N'Sync reunion.
16:02 - Eddie tells a story about seeing N'Sync as a youth director during the band's heyday. They joke about him having frosted-tip dreadlocks.
54:33 - Eddie continues trying to steal Jesse's identity on the podcast.
56:00 - The first ever episode of Candy Talk.
57:20 - Calvin's slice about rituals making food taste better.
59:26 - Eddie's slice about chocolate being reused from chocolate bunnies to make chocolate Santas.
60:45 - Jesse's slice about a party where Skittles were mixed in a jar with M&Ms.
Notable Guest Moments
36:53 - Introduction to Audrey Assad.
Other Notable Moments
5:07 - Chad talks about bringing back The Drop, the Relevant Magazine music streaming service. Jokes about umlauts and the spelling and pronunciation of "Drop", as well as sharing music on Pinterest.
21:30 - Jesse's slice about a boy who invented a deodorant can that plays the Rocky theme song.
24:35 - Eddie's slice about the .bible domain. They also talk about other religion related domains, including .christmas.
29:01 - Tyler's slice about a boy who made a shooting spree threat as a social experiment.
47:51 - No feedback this episode; straight to the new Question of the Week (about deodorant songs).
55:44 Outro: "You know, if you don't own your .christmas, you're really not looking out for your online security, guys." - Jesse
Question of the Week
What would your life theme song be, and how would you use it?
After reading this story, it got us thinking and led to this question: What would your life theme song be, and how would you use it?
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Meet East Stratcom, the Tech Squad Fighting Fake News in Europe
- > President Trump on Spree of Anti-Semitic Threats: ‘It’s Going to Stop’
- > Mindy Kaling and Reese Witherspoon Seem to Be Having a Good Time Shooting ‘A Wrinkle in Time’
- > Yes, Alex Trebek Rapped Along to Drake, Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar on ‘Jeopardy'
- > Famine Declared in South Sudan: Millions Are in Desperate Need of Food