This week we talk to author and pastor Andy Stanley about leadership and business principles as they apply to running a church. Andy knows a lot about churches considering he pastors the second largest one in the U.S. and has just written a new book about creating them. We also introduce you to one of our favorite new indie-folk bands, Wayfarer. The guys play "repurposed hymns and spiritual songs" and perform a live Christmas song for us. Plus, we give Cameron advice for getting hired by the Magic, introduce you to the world of mantyhose, and recap your top signs that the world is about to end.
Thanks to this week's sponsor, Asbury Seminary. Check them out here.
Notable Jokes & Runs
Notable Guest Moments
31:11 - Introduction to Andy Stanley.
40:50 - Introduction to Wayfarer.
Other Notable Moments
8:15 - Jesse's slice about the new baby name, Hashtag.
9:13 - Jesse's other slice about the rise of man-ty hose and brosiery.
10:57 - Cameron talks about seeing a Magic game from the owners' seats, overhearing players' conversations, and being in photos taken of the game.
18:57 - Maya's slice about a Florida company that sells bacon-scented shaving cream, lip balm, popcorn, mayonnaise, and salt.
21:31 - Calvin's "You Choose the Slice": ziplines vs. man survives bad date.
25:27 - Cameron has his own slice! About a voicemail which narrates a fight resulting from a traffic accident. They play part of the recording.
45:37 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What are the top 5 signs that the end of the world is nigh?"
60:05 Outro: "You do not go head to head with Ke$ha." - Jesse
Question of the Week
What are you excited to give this Christmas?
A few weeks ago we asked you what you wanted to get for Christmas, but this week we want to flip the tables and hear what you're excited to give for Christmas. And to prove that giving is more fun than receiving, we're going to pick a few of our favorite ideas and send you a copy of Wayfarer's The River EP on vinyl. So get yourself in the spirit of giving and send us your best ideas!
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > ISIS Promises to Keep Attacking Egypt's Coptic Christians in a New Video
- > Here’s a Really Emotional New Clip From ‘The Shack’
- > Meet the Cast of the New Han Solo Movie
- > Meet East Stratcom, the Tech Squad Fighting Fake News in Europe
- > At Least 74 African Migrants Washed Up on the Shores of Libya