Actor Dermot Mulroney
On this week's show, we talk to actor Dermot Mulroney about his new film, Trade of Innocents, a gripping story about infiltrating the sex slave trade in Southeast Asia and freeing its young victims. We also talk to Eric Owyoung of Future of Forestry, one of our favorite bands who has just released their new album, Young Man Follow. Also making appearances this week: Danny Bonaduce, Stan Van Gundy, Sean Connery, a new Calvin segment and Jesse's rope swing story.
Notable Jokes & Runs
21:39 - Maya's slice sends Calvin spiraling, as he muses that Danny Bonaduce should open up a sushi restaurant called "Bonaduce Sushi" or just "Bonasushi, then does an impression of Sean Connery saying "Bonaduce Sushi." Jesse tells Calvin that his suggestions are ridiculous because Sean Connery is clearly a steak man.
51:46 - Jesse tells a story about swinging on a rope swing while a professor is giving a lecture.
56:20 - Calvin tells a story about his encounters with Busta Rhymes and Iggy Pop in a hotel in Boston.
Notable Guest Moments
32:46 - Introduction to Dermot Mulroney.
41:30 - Introduction to Future of Forestry.
Other Notable Moments
2:22 - They reveal what they did to the guy who suggested Jon Acuff should replace Cameron. Jesse laughs diabolically.
12:44 - Jesse's slice about an Onion story on Mahmoud Ahmadinejad being misunderstood by the Iranian newspaper Fars.
16:46 - Cameron interrupts Maya's slice to tell a story about how one of his pictures of J.J. Redick and Stan Van Gundy eating lunch together got picked up by local news.
21:10 - Maya's slice about a fan who gnawed on Danny Bonaduce's cheek at a meet-and-greet in Las Vegas.
22:57 - Maya's slice resumes after Calvin’s run of puns ends.
26:41 - Calvin's slice about San Jose, Costa Rica's first street signs being installed this year.
48:29 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What was the best, worst, or most awkward advice you ever got?"
63:13 Outro: "It is all spammed up, from Nigerian princes offering him money for his signature. Ahahahaha!" - Jesse
Question of the Week
Tell us your best celebrity encounter stories.
From a fan biting Danny Bonaduce's face to Calvin's elevator ride with Busta Rhymes, we've all had a celebrity encounter. So this week we want to hear your best celebrity encounter story.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Steve Carell 'Joked' About 'The Office' Coming Back. Not Funny, Steve
- > The Backstreet Boys Almost Performed at Donald Trump's Inauguration ... Almost
- > This Mashup of 'Little Rascals' and 'Furious 7' Is More Interesting Than Any of the 'Fast and Furious' Movies
- > 82% of Women in America Think Sexism Is Still a Problem
- > NFL Columnist: Faith Is the 'Biggest Under-Covered Story' in Football