20 Head-Scratching Christian Phrases We’ve All Heard
January 12, 2016
You've probably heard them: Hedge of protection. Blood of the lamb. Sea of forgetfulness.
Like any other segment of the population, Christians have developed words and phrases unique to church culture.
Though many of these phrases are legitimately challenging—and some are even concepts straight out of Scripture—they often develop into clichés that can be very confusing for those less familiar with churchy language.
After all, most people aren’t fluent in Christianese.
We asked you to share some of the strangest Christian phrases you've heard, and you came up with some true gems. Here are some of our favorites:
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > FXX Is Airing a 600-Episode Long ‘Simpsons’ Marathon in November
- > New ‘SNL’ Cast Member Just Deleted Some Old Offensive Tweets
- > Andy Mineo Releases a Music Video for Deaf Fans
- > Family of Keith Scott Releases Video of Shooting
- > Charlotte Police Refuse to Release Shooting Video, Say It’s Not ‘Definitive’