20 Head-Scratching Christian Phrases We’ve All Heard
January 12, 2016
You've probably heard them: Hedge of protection. Blood of the lamb. Sea of forgetfulness.
Like any other segment of the population, Christians have developed words and phrases unique to church culture.
Though many of these phrases are legitimately challenging—and some are even concepts straight out of Scripture—they often develop into clichés that can be very confusing for those less familiar with churchy language.
After all, most people aren’t fluent in Christianese.
We asked you to share some of the strangest Christian phrases you've heard, and you came up with some true gems. Here are some of our favorites:
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President