On this week's podcast, one of our longtime favorite bands, Lovedrug, stops by the studio to perform a couple of songs from their latest album, Wild Blood. Be sure to check out the videos of their performance below. Plus, the legendary duo of Jesse Carey and Adam Smith joins us IN STUDIO for the entire podcast! This might be the equivalent of a white-elephant gift to some of you, and to others, the greatest gift you've ever received. Whatever it is, it's almost 2 hours long and a whole lot of fun, so sit back and enjoy!
A big thanks to the sponsor of Jesse's line, Audible.com, the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the Internet. They're giving all RELEVANT Podcast listeners a free audiobook! To get yours, click here.
Posing in a Deep V after recording the mega episode. You know, as a goof.
Sure it looks like Rihanna, but Branden, Rihanna doesn't sit on the second row.
Jason & Alia Regier (they're Canadian) are our most generous listeners yet. The gauntlet has been thrown down, everybody else!
Notable Jokes & Runs
11:54 - Adam suggests doing the Audible promos like Paul Harvey. He does a long impression of it.
75:16 - Cameron tells the story of when two nine-year-old girls mistook Chad for Lex Luthor from Smallville at a baseball game. A discussion of meeting and talking to celebrities ensues.
94:26 - Adam reviews Step Up Revolution.
107:48 - Jesse talks about Cameron's idea for a coffee table book called "That Guy Kind of Looks Like". Calvin jokes about turning this into an audio book.
Notable Guest Moments
42:23 - Introduction to Lovedrug.
42:50 - Lovedrug performs "Wild Blood".
48:12 - Lovedrug performs "Girl".
57:45 - Introduction to Branden Harvey, and the background to the "Rihanna Crisis."
59:55 - The crew welcomes listener Branden Harvey to talk about what happened next.
Other Notable Moments
1:12 - Jesse is live in the studio for this episode.
2:01 - The triumphant return of Adam Smith after a long period away in Australia. They joke that Adam was too late to be part of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
3:18 - Cameron asks Adam about the premise of The Hobbit films.
5:14 - We learn that the podcast introduced Adam to his wife, whom he met in New Zealand. Things get a little awkward.
15:01 - Adam's slice about the Australian prime minister warning the country that the Mayan Apocalypse was unavoidable.
19:40 - A discussion of walking through Ikea in the wrong direction. Why Jesse doesn't shop at Ikea.
24:19 - Jesse's slice about the first emergence of the Ikea Monkey.
30:12 - Maya's slice about glitches in Apple Maps of Australia.
33:18 - Calvin's slice about the world's longest word, the name of a protein. Calvin's list of the top five celebrities who he would want to read the word.
40:50 - A discussion of John Stamos.
52:52 - The crew opens a package sent from Canadian fans.
86:29 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What is the most overrated movie of all time?"
111:47 Outro: "An intelligent, devious creature left behind the wheel of an automobile. Thank God the keys weren't in there!" - Jesse
Question of the Week
What is the best celebrity pic that you've ever snuck with your phone?
The invention of the iPhone has brought us a lot of conveniences, but none more important than the ease of stalking celebrities and taking their photo. We've all had an experience where we've "pretended to be texting" while zooming in for the perfect stalker shot. So this week, we want to see your best smartphone-captured celebrity pics. And if you haven't been able to sneak a shot of a real celebrity, send us your best "kinda-looks-like" celebrity pic.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- Pope: It’s Better to Not Even Believe in God Than to Be a Hypocritical Christian1,317
- It's Time for the 'Sports Illustrated' Swimsuit Issue to Stop428
- Netflix Just Announced Tracy Morgan's First Comedy Special Since His Huge Car Wreck54
- Kansas Man Allegedly Yelled ‘Get Out of My Country’ Before Shooting 2 Indian Men, Killing 1788
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Royal Caribbean Wants to Hire Someone to Go on Cruises and Post to Instagram
- > Pope: It’s Better to Not Even Believe in God Than to Be a Hypocritical Christian
- > Netflix Just Announced Tracy Morgan's First Comedy Special Since His Huge Car Wreck
- > Kansas Man Allegedly Yelled ‘Get Out of My Country’ Before Shooting 2 Indian Men, Killing 1
- > Migrants Around the World Are Meeting Closed Doors
- > Dan Harmon Will Appear on the Season Finale of Ken Jeong’s ‘Dr. Ken’