Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time
Scientists in South Carolina wanted to see if Burmese pythons could spread from Florida to places like the Carolinas or Tennessee. After being introduced to the wild in the early '90s, the dangerous snakes have flourished in Florida. To see if the same might happen further north, researchers dumped a bunch of them into a pit and left them to fend for themselves. There's a fine line between scientific experiments and things people do when they're drunk ...
Recommended For You
- > GamerGate Continues to Be About Misogyny, Despite Its Best Efforts
- > The Perfect Crime: Texting Your Probation Officer for Weed
- > Study: Listening to Music While You Work Makes You More Efficient
- > South Korean KFC’s Version of the Double Down Is Terrifying
- > A Doctor in NYC Has Tested Positive for Ebola