Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time
Scientists in South Carolina wanted to see if Burmese pythons could spread from Florida to places like the Carolinas or Tennessee. After being introduced to the wild in the early '90s, the dangerous snakes have flourished in Florida. To see if the same might happen further north, researchers dumped a bunch of them into a pit and left them to fend for themselves. There's a fine line between scientific experiments and things people do when they're drunk ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Jon Stewart’s New HBO Show Could Be on Before the Election
- > Outrage: Officials Just Decided That ‘Boaty McBoatface' Will Be Called the ‘RRS Sir David Attenborough’
- > Here’s the New Justin Timberlake Song He Made for a Troll Movie
- > Meet Your New Han Solo: Alden Ehrenreich
- > Chance the Rapper Debuted a Worshipful New Song Called ‘Blessings’ on ‘The Tonight Show’