Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time
Scientists in South Carolina wanted to see if Burmese pythons could spread from Florida to places like the Carolinas or Tennessee. After being introduced to the wild in the early '90s, the dangerous snakes have flourished in Florida. To see if the same might happen further north, researchers dumped a bunch of them into a pit and left them to fend for themselves. There's a fine line between scientific experiments and things people do when they're drunk ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Evidently, Piloting a Lawn Chair with Dozens of Helium Balloons Is Now Illegal in Canada
- > ISIS Stages Mass Execution with What Appear to Be Child Fighters
- > And Now, a Waterskiing Squirrel Filmed with a GoPro Camera
- > ‘A.D.: The Bible Continues’ Cancelled by NBC; Could Come Back Online
- > Discovery Channel Wants Fans of Non-Fictional Sharks to Watch Shark Week Again