Russian Orthodox Church Opposes Syrian Intervention
One of the under-examined subplots of the ongoing violence in Syria has been the response by and toward Syrian Christians. Christians comprise around 10 percent of the Syrian population and have generally been left alone under President Assad's secular regime. For that reason, the Russian Orthodox Church has opposed efforts to intervene and expel Assad from power, despite Assad's numerous atrocities against civilian populations ...
Recommended For You
- > Islamic State Militants Appear to Behead American Journalist In YouTube Video
- > Let This Little League Coach's Great Speech After a Tough Loss Inspire You to Get Out There
- > Pope Francis: ISIS Must Be Stopped to Protect Religious Minorities
- > CNN's Jake Tapper on Ferguson Police: "This Doesn't Make Any Sense"
- > Here’s What It Would Look Like if Michael Bay Had Directed ‘Up’