Russian Orthodox Church Opposes Syrian Intervention
One of the under-examined subplots of the ongoing violence in Syria has been the response by and toward Syrian Christians. Christians comprise around 10 percent of the Syrian population and have generally been left alone under President Assad's secular regime. For that reason, the Russian Orthodox Church has opposed efforts to intervene and expel Assad from power, despite Assad's numerous atrocities against civilian populations ...
Recommended For You
- > Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer Team Up For A New Film
- > Biebs Is Bringing Back the WWJD Bracelet
- > Just Try to Contain Your Excitement: There’s a New Album on the Way From Adele
- > Behind-the-Scenes of ‘Captive’: The Story of the ‘Purpose Driven Life’ Hostage Stand-off
- > Trippy New PSA Uses Internet Memes to Warn of the Dangers of Smoking