Russian Orthodox Church Opposes Syrian Intervention
One of the under-examined subplots of the ongoing violence in Syria has been the response by and toward Syrian Christians. Christians comprise around 10 percent of the Syrian population and have generally been left alone under President Assad's secular regime. For that reason, the Russian Orthodox Church has opposed efforts to intervene and expel Assad from power, despite Assad's numerous atrocities against civilian populations ...
Recommended For You
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President