Myanmar Frees 651 Political Prisoners
The former military dictatorship of Myanmar is beginning to transition into a civilian democracy, and as part of that, they've released over 650 political prisoners who had been held by the old military junta for a variety of "crimes." The release of the prisoners is widely seen as an effort to court Western assistance and diplomatic relationships ...
Recommended For You
- > John C. Reilly Unveils Incredible 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Clip
- > Richard Dawkins Reminds Everyone That Some Rapes Are Worse Than Others
- > Stephen Colbert Had Some Very Nice Things to Say about ‘The Hobbit’ Movies
- > Why Won’t These Walmart Ice Cream Sandwiches Melt?
- > Spoon’s Upcoming Album Is Streaming Right Now on iTunes