Myanmar Frees 651 Political Prisoners
The former military dictatorship of Myanmar is beginning to transition into a civilian democracy, and as part of that, they've released over 650 political prisoners who had been held by the old military junta for a variety of "crimes." The release of the prisoners is widely seen as an effort to court Western assistance and diplomatic relationships ...
Recommended For You
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo
- > Trailer: Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign