Derek Webb's Publicity Stunt
Sure, color us jaded, but the whole "controversy" Derek Webb is "having" with his "label" seemed a little fishy to us. And, it turns out the masses are being duped. Today, Webb sent out a cryptic email to his fans: [Read the rest after the jump.]
use my twitter account for now either so _don't expect any updates there.
make no m_istake, our trouble with the label over content i_s very real, and not as simple as one word; we're back_ed into a corner. but we have applied all of our creative resources to th_is, working furiou_sly to create something that we believe not only subverts any leg_al issues but should also be a _pretty wild ride.
so this will be the l_ast email for a while. we'll t_ry to lea_k information via a new tw_itter account, @ssyndrome. you're o_n your own so start payin_g attention. i'l_l see you _on the o_ther side-
How do we know it's a publicity stunt? If you take each letter that follows an underscore in the email, you get “Paradise is a parking lot.” Then, according to the “help” on www.paradiseisaparkinglot.com, there are 5 “artifacts” to be found. @ssyndrome just tweeted that the first has been found.
So, if you want to play along, enjoy the ride. But don't freak out. Derek Webb is not in trouble with his label. They're just trying to build buzz for his new album.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- Henry Heimlich Finally Got to Use His Famous Maneuver1
- ‘Boxcar Children' Movies Are in the Works So Millennials Can Relive Their Book Fair Glory Days987
- Here’s What Jesus Meant When He Said, “Sell Everything And Give It to the Poor.”27
- Science: People Who Are Workaholics Are More Likely to Suffer From Anxiety, Depression and ADHD512
- > Henry Heimlich Finally Got to Use His Famous Maneuver
- > ‘Boxcar Children' Movies Are in the Works So Millennials Can Relive Their Book Fair Glory Days
- > Science: People Who Are Workaholics Are More Likely to Suffer From Anxiety, Depression and ADHD
- > This Dude Proposed to His Girlfriend with a Custom ‘Super Mario Bros.’ Level
- > Did Bieber and Skrillex Steal the Riff for ‘Sorry’ From This Song?