Rags to Riches
Slumdog Millionaire was the big winner at the 81st Academy Awards, taking home eight Oscars including Best Picture and Best Director. Sean Penn took Best Actor for Milk, while Kate Winslet came away with Best Actress for The Reader. As expected, Heath Ledger won only the second posthumous Oscar in history for The Dark Knight. And, Hugh Jackman did some awkward dance numbers. Everyone's a winner! ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin
- > Georgia Postpones Kelly Renee Gissendaner’s Execution