A Suspicious Day on the Shanghai Stock Market
Chinese authorities have begun censoring Google searches for "Shanghai stock market" after the markets in Shanghai fell by 64.89 points. Why? Well, 64.89 looks like 6/4/89, which is the date of the Tiananmen Square massacre. Even weirder, the market opened at 2346.98, which looks like the date backwards with a "23" next to it ... and today is the 23rd anniversary of the massacre ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Two More Seasons of ‘Serial’ Are on the Way
- > Here’s the ‘Daredevil’/’Law & Order’ Credits Mash-up You’ve Been Waiting For
- > Students Give Senior Trip Money to Principal Battling Cancer
- > 1,200 Migrant Workers Have Died So Far in Lead Up to Qatar World Cup
- > ‘Photobomb’ and ‘Clickbait’ Are Among Latest Additions to Webster’s Dictionary