MPAA Tries to Equate Embedding With Hosting
The Motion Picture Association of America is weighing in on a legal decision made by a judge, finding that embedding a video (from, say, YouTube) of copyright-infringing content can open you to a lawsuit as if you were hosting the content. If the decision is upheld, that means YouTube really will just be cat videos ...
Recommended For You
- > The All-Female Ghostbusters Cast Is Here and It Is Perfect
- > Hollywood Wants Chris Pratt to Be the New Indiana Jones, No Duh.
- > You Have to Admit, Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' Does Sound a Lot Like Tom Petty's 'Won't Back Down'
- > Here’s a List of the ‘Best Jobs’ in America
- > Prisoner Exonerations Hit a Record High Last Year