Jason Russell, Invisible Children Co-Founder, Detained
Jason Russell, a co-founder of Invisible Children and the most visible architect of the recent "Kony 2012" viral video phenomenon, was arrested in San Diego last night (update: news reports now say that Russell was "detained," not "arrested"). Russell was taken into custody for public masturbation, vandalizing cars and public drunkenness. More details after the jump ...
Police say they found Russell in his underwear and that he was acting very strangely. Invisible Children's CEO, Ben Keesey, released this official statement:
Jason Russell was unfortunately hospitalized yesterday sufferingfrom exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition. He is now receivingmedical care and is focused on getting better. The past two weeks havetaken a severe emotional toll on all of us, Jason especially, and thattoll manifested itself in an unfortunate incident yesterday. Jason’spassion and his work have done so much to help so many, and we aredevastated to see him dealing with this personal health issue. We willalways love and support Jason, and we ask that you give his entirefamily privacy during this difficult time.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Fox Is Making a Talk Show Hosted By Megachurch Pastors Called ‘The Preachers’
- > Two Biotech Companies Are Going to Start Experimenting with ‘Brain Death Reversal’
- > Lecrae Performed with The Roots Last Night on 'The Tonight Show'
- > Hulu Landed Ron Howard’s New Documentary About The Beatles
- > John Kasich Is Calling It Quits, Trump Is Now Running Unopposed