Jason Russell, Invisible Children Co-Founder, Detained
Jason Russell, a co-founder of Invisible Children and the most visible architect of the recent "Kony 2012" viral video phenomenon, was arrested in San Diego last night (update: news reports now say that Russell was "detained," not "arrested"). Russell was taken into custody for public masturbation, vandalizing cars and public drunkenness. More details after the jump ...
Police say they found Russell in his underwear and that he was acting very strangely. Invisible Children's CEO, Ben Keesey, released this official statement:
Jason Russell was unfortunately hospitalized yesterday sufferingfrom exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition. He is now receivingmedical care and is focused on getting better. The past two weeks havetaken a severe emotional toll on all of us, Jason especially, and thattoll manifested itself in an unfortunate incident yesterday. Jason’spassion and his work have done so much to help so many, and we aredevastated to see him dealing with this personal health issue. We willalways love and support Jason, and we ask that you give his entirefamily privacy during this difficult time.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > And Just Like That, Taco Bell's Meat Tortilla Is Leaving
- > This Lake With a Giant Hole in It Is Surreal Looking
- > This Website Predicts 2017 Is the End
- > Watch Sen. James Lankford Explain Why Religious Freedom Must Apply to All Religions
- > Protest Breaks Out After Officer Pulls Gun on Teens for Allegedly Walking Across His Lawn