Jason Russell, Invisible Children Co-Founder, Detained
Jason Russell, a co-founder of Invisible Children and the most visible architect of the recent "Kony 2012" viral video phenomenon, was arrested in San Diego last night (update: news reports now say that Russell was "detained," not "arrested"). Russell was taken into custody for public masturbation, vandalizing cars and public drunkenness. More details after the jump ...
Police say they found Russell in his underwear and that he was acting very strangely. Invisible Children's CEO, Ben Keesey, released this official statement:
Jason Russell was unfortunately hospitalized yesterday sufferingfrom exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition. He is now receivingmedical care and is focused on getting better. The past two weeks havetaken a severe emotional toll on all of us, Jason especially, and thattoll manifested itself in an unfortunate incident yesterday. Jason’spassion and his work have done so much to help so many, and we aredevastated to see him dealing with this personal health issue. We willalways love and support Jason, and we ask that you give his entirefamily privacy during this difficult time.
Recommended For You
- > The Founder of YouVersion Gave Pope Francis an iPhone with the App
- > Here's Your Full 'Jurassic World' Trailer
- > Matthew McConaughey Will Star in ‘The Stand’ Adaptation
- > Nick Offerman Carved This Large Piece of Wood to Announce His New Comedy Special
- > ‘Breaking Bad’ Executive Producer Michelle MacLaren Will Direct ‘Wonder Woman’