Convergence Video: Spiritual Practices
March 15, 2010
RELEVANT is proud to bring you the exclusive web premiere of Spiritual Practices: How to Meet God in the Everyday, the newest entry in the Convergence series. Spiritual Practices features a conversation with Donald Miller (Blue Like Jazz) and Dr.
Lauren Winner (Real Sex: The Naked Truth About Chastity) about spiritual practices and how they
can lead us to meet God in our everyday lives. Convergence is a series of videos hosted by author Donald Miller especially for small groups. Each DVD features Miller facilitating
a conversation with another well-known Christian author or speaker
about the challenges that Christians face while trying to integrate
faith with real life. More information can be found at www.allthingsconverge.com.
This 60-minute video is broken into five parts, with part one below.
Spiritual practices are activities we engage in to help us experience God in our daily lives. Don and Lauren discussed some practices that are common among us, such as prayer, Bible study, fellowship and corporate singing. Describe specific benefits and struggles you have had with spiritual practices.
Lauren and Don discuss the idea that prayer is more than talking to God.; it is entering into and participating in God's life. Have you ever thought of prayer that way? Read Colossians 4:2. How can this Scripture guide us in bringing prayer into our daily activities?
As indicated by the Psalms, we can expect to experience the full range of human emotion in our life with God and in the use of spiritual practices. Lauren singles out boredom as her main struggle. What struggles do you have? How might you go "deeper with God" amidst that struggle?
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > New Study Suggests Parents Co-Sleep With Their Babies for at Least a Year
- > Mediterranean Sea is 3 Times Deadlier for Refugees This Year
- > This Dad Photoshops Real Animals So They Look Like His 6-Year-Old’s Drawings
- > The Trailer for Netflix's 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Is Finally Here
- > Former KKK Leader David Duke Qualifies for Televised Senate Debate at Historically Black University