Jesus Will Let You Suffer
EVER SINCE THE apple incident, humanity is born into a state of sin, a state of living in opposition to God, a state of making decisions that can cause suffering. Remember, none of this was God's original design.He created a peaceful, perfect world. We tainted it with our desire for independence.
I used to wrestle with the idea that God could have created a world where the possibility of evil didn't exist, and thus suffering would never enter the human experience—that would be a world without true freedom. I think, perhaps, an evil greater than man's rebellion would be for a good God to withhold freedom from His creation. Suffering becomes inevitable in a world where imperfect people aren't robots. And while I don't pretend to know the answer for every evil under the sun, I do know that God sees our suffering.
There is no suffering in which Jesus will not walk and weep with you. There is no hurt the power of God can't bring new life to. In the proper time Jesus will make His way to your tomb, roll the stone away and bring life to the dead. And the tears formed from mourning and doubt will flow with joy and gratitude.
Talk About It
Think of the lowest moments of your life. How was God's peace and presence with you, even in suffering?
Recommended For You
- > ‘Bibliotheca’ Project Seeks to Redesign the Bible as a Work of ‘Great Literary Art’
- > In Honor of 'Batman Day', Here's the Newest Animated 'Batman' Short
- > Just a Picture of Jack White Having the Time of His Life at a Baseball Game
- > Passenger Plane Crash Lands In Taiwan: At Least 51 Dead
- > Marvel at the Speed of the World’s Fastest Bus Boy