Jesus Will Let You Suffer
EVER SINCE THE apple incident, humanity is born into a state of sin, a state of living in opposition to God, a state of making decisions that can cause suffering. Remember, none of this was God's original design.He created a peaceful, perfect world. We tainted it with our desire for independence.
I used to wrestle with the idea that God could have created a world where the possibility of evil didn't exist, and thus suffering would never enter the human experience—that would be a world without true freedom. I think, perhaps, an evil greater than man's rebellion would be for a good God to withhold freedom from His creation. Suffering becomes inevitable in a world where imperfect people aren't robots. And while I don't pretend to know the answer for every evil under the sun, I do know that God sees our suffering.
There is no suffering in which Jesus will not walk and weep with you. There is no hurt the power of God can't bring new life to. In the proper time Jesus will make His way to your tomb, roll the stone away and bring life to the dead. And the tears formed from mourning and doubt will flow with joy and gratitude.
Talk About It
Think of the lowest moments of your life. How was God's peace and presence with you, even in suffering?
Recommended For You
- > American Student Tells Jimmy Fallon How He Stopped a Terrorist Attack on a French Train
- > Who’s Kermit the Frog’s New Girlfriend?
- > Spoon, Arcade Fire and Superchunk Talk Songwriting at SXSW
- > T-Pain’s Auto-Tune-Free National Anthem Was Incredible
- > Bill Maher and Rick Santorum Spar Over Pope’s Teaching on Climate Change