Stamping God's Approval
I think sometimes we as Christians think we have a God stamp and we can go around stamping His name on whatever we want. As if we have the ability to just stamp God's name here or there and force His hand to move in whatever situation. Sometimes we are set in our ways, but out of duty we come before God and ask Him to place His stamp of approval on the decisions we have made. Other times we just do the stamping ourselves and forget God all together.
As a body, the Church is almost too eager to place God's stamp of approval on a lot of things He might wish nothing to do with. God uses His stamp on people–and perhaps that is the point. He doesn't stamp a solution to your problem; he stamps you. To me this is much more comforting, to know that God is with me regardless of my circumstances or bad decisions.
We weren't stamped, though, so that we could run around proclaiming that we are better than everyone else. That isn't what being a Christian is about and we shouldn't use our God stamp to promote any of it. The idea is to trust God and follow Him wherever He may lead.
This devotion is adapted from an article on RELEVANTmagazine.com.
Talk About It
What are ideas, systems or behaviors that you have tried to justify with a "God stamp?
Recommended For You
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President