October 5, 2012
With all the books, shows, movies and albums that come out every week, it can be hard to choose what's worth checking out and what's, well, not. At least, it used to be hard. But with RELEVANT Recommends, things are much easier. We give you a list of five things you should be watching, reading or listening to this week.
- Transcendental Youth, Mountain Goats: You've read our review (haven't you?) so what are you waiting for? Mountain Goats' dependable blend of gorgeous songs telling you sad stories will haunt your eardrums long after you turn it off.
3. America Again: Re-Becoming the Greatness We Never Weren't, Stephen Colbert: Colbert's had quite a year with his game changing SuperPAC, his fake(?) presidential run and a television show that remains blisteringly sharp and refreshingly transcendant of the partisanship that clouds other satire of his ilk. Add to that a side-splitting new book about restoring America to her former glory, and you can chalk up 2012 as big win for Colbert's campaign for truthiness.
- The Vice Presidential Debates: Nothing on television this week will be fraught with as much drama or higher stakes than Vice President Joe Biden and Representative Paul Ryan's debate at Centre College in Kentucky on October 11. Early word is that Medicare will be the topic of choice for both candidates.
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > What the Continued Crucifying Of Rob Bell Says About Modern Christianity