Video: Sigur Rós: Brennisteinn
For the last few years, Iceland's angel choir Sigur Rós have been pretty content to stick with the formula that made them famous: otherwordly warbling with flashes of earth-shattering beauty. One doesn't like to critique a very unique, very lovely formula, but one does get the sense that they've been in a bit of a rut over the last few years. But if this new single is any indication, this year's new album, Kveikur, will be a change of pace. This is an aggressive, industrial, almost My Bloody Valentine-esque romp that finds the band blending beauty and danger in equal measure. It's different, it's fascinating and it's right here ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Study: 28% of Christians Support SCOTUS Ruling on Same-Sex Marriage
- > ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Reruns Pulled from TV Land Following Flag Controversy
- > Stephen Colbert Randomly Hosted a Michigan Public Access Show This Week
- > Afghan Courts Just Canceled the Death Sentences of Men Involved in the Brutal Mob Killing of a Woman
- > OK, This is the Best Chris Pratt Raptor Pose