Video: Sigur Rós: Brennisteinn
For the last few years, Iceland's angel choir Sigur Rós have been pretty content to stick with the formula that made them famous: otherwordly warbling with flashes of earth-shattering beauty. One doesn't like to critique a very unique, very lovely formula, but one does get the sense that they've been in a bit of a rut over the last few years. But if this new single is any indication, this year's new album, Kveikur, will be a change of pace. This is an aggressive, industrial, almost My Bloody Valentine-esque romp that finds the band blending beauty and danger in equal measure. It's different, it's fascinating and it's right here ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Infidelity Doesn’t Just Happen. It Starts with These Subtle Warnings