Video: Sigur Rós: Brennisteinn
For the last few years, Iceland's angel choir Sigur Rós have been pretty content to stick with the formula that made them famous: otherwordly warbling with flashes of earth-shattering beauty. One doesn't like to critique a very unique, very lovely formula, but one does get the sense that they've been in a bit of a rut over the last few years. But if this new single is any indication, this year's new album, Kveikur, will be a change of pace. This is an aggressive, industrial, almost My Bloody Valentine-esque romp that finds the band blending beauty and danger in equal measure. It's different, it's fascinating and it's right here ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 13 People Were Killed in an Attack on Afghanistan's American University Yesterday
- > A Mad Lego Scientist Makes Objects That Rotate to Make Three Different Shadow Art Images
- > Italy Earthquake Death Toll Rises to 241
- > Questlove Will Host a Weekly Pandora Radio Show. We're Excited
- > Scientists Found An Earth-Like Planet Orbiting Not Too Far Away