Video: Sigur Rós: Brennisteinn
For the last few years, Iceland's angel choir Sigur Rós have been pretty content to stick with the formula that made them famous: otherwordly warbling with flashes of earth-shattering beauty. One doesn't like to critique a very unique, very lovely formula, but one does get the sense that they've been in a bit of a rut over the last few years. But if this new single is any indication, this year's new album, Kveikur, will be a change of pace. This is an aggressive, industrial, almost My Bloody Valentine-esque romp that finds the band blending beauty and danger in equal measure. It's different, it's fascinating and it's right here ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Michael Jordan Speaks Out Against Police Brutality and Violence Against Police
- > At Least 80 People Were Killed By ISIS Suicide Attacks in Kabul on Saturday
- > The ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000’ Reboot Is Headed to Netflix
- > Host of ‘The Preachers’ Says He Was Joking After He Seemed to Endorse Open Marriages
- > This ‘Legends of the Hidden Temple’ Movie Looks Super Lame