Video: Sigur Rós: Brennisteinn
For the last few years, Iceland's angel choir Sigur Rós have been pretty content to stick with the formula that made them famous: otherwordly warbling with flashes of earth-shattering beauty. One doesn't like to critique a very unique, very lovely formula, but one does get the sense that they've been in a bit of a rut over the last few years. But if this new single is any indication, this year's new album, Kveikur, will be a change of pace. This is an aggressive, industrial, almost My Bloody Valentine-esque romp that finds the band blending beauty and danger in equal measure. It's different, it's fascinating and it's right here ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President