Hundreds Injured by Meteor in Russia
A 10-ton meteor that streaked over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk injured more than 900 people when it sent a shock blast through the area. Most of the injuries are not thought to be serious, but an estimated 270 buildings had windows blown out. There’s also reports that 6000 square feet of a factory building roof completely collapsed. It’s unclear whether or not anyone was hit by actual fragments of the meteor, but officials believe the meteor ended up landing in a nearby reservoir. Amateur videos (like the one below) have been uploaded to YouTube showing the trail of the meteor, followed by a massive sonic boom. Scientists say that the meteor is unrelated to the asteroid 2012 DA14 that is scheduled to make the closest pass by Earth ever recorded later today …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 'Serial' Update! A Judge Vacated Adnan Syed's Conviction And Granted Him a Retrial
- > Brad Pitt Narrates Terrence Malick’s ‘Hymn to the Glories of Nature’
- > Phat: Pepsi Is Rebooting the ‘90s Video Game ‘Oregon Trail’ to Promote Crystal Pepsi
- > Here's the First Trailer for Clint Eastwood's Film About the 'Miracle on the Hudson'
- > Apple Just Patented Technology That Could Disable Your Camera at Concerts