Hundreds Injured by Meteor in Russia
A 10-ton meteor that streaked over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk injured more than 900 people when it sent a shock blast through the area. Most of the injuries are not thought to be serious, but an estimated 270 buildings had windows blown out. There’s also reports that 6000 square feet of a factory building roof completely collapsed. It’s unclear whether or not anyone was hit by actual fragments of the meteor, but officials believe the meteor ended up landing in a nearby reservoir. Amateur videos (like the one below) have been uploaded to YouTube showing the trail of the meteor, followed by a massive sonic boom. Scientists say that the meteor is unrelated to the asteroid 2012 DA14 that is scheduled to make the closest pass by Earth ever recorded later today …
Recommended For You
- > Noah Story Finally Getting Its Family Friendly Comedy Adaptation
- > As Ice Bucket Challenges Go, John Krasinski's Is a Good One
- > Congratulations on 150 Million Installations, YouVersion.
- > 16-Year-Old Arrested For Writing a Facebook Status About Killing a Dinosaur
- > Found Footage of Brutal Murders Sets Off International Investigation