Is God Ready for Some Football?
The Public Religion Research Institute has polled Americans on the most vexing and persistent question mankind has about the divine. No, not why bad things happen to good people. The other big question. No, not anything about free will verses pre-determinism. No, not what the afterlife will actually be like. Okay, so maybe it's not the most vexing question, but it's a big one: Does God care about sports? A question that will define a generation. God obviously cares about a broken and hurting world, fraught with genocide, hunger and, of course, the quiet fear of meaninglessness that haunts much of humanity. But does He also care about the Super Bowl? According to the poll, 27 percent of Americans believed that He's involved in the outcome. Perhaps even more surprising? That 53 percent of Americans agree with the statement "God rewards athletes who have faith with good health and success." Well, there you have it. All of these athletes might as well stop going to practice. Their success is guaranteed ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- South Carolina Just Banned (Almost) All Abortions After 20 Weeks 561
- Again, a Trump Rally Turned Into a 'Riot'81
- 'Master of None' Won a Peabody Award and Aziz Ansari Used the Opportunity to Call Out Hollywood's Diversity Problem522
- The Surprising New Findings that Could Re-Shape the Pro-Life Movement574
- > South Carolina Just Banned (Almost) All Abortions After 20 Weeks
- > Again, a Trump Rally Turned Into a 'Riot'
- > 'Master of None' Won a Peabody Award and Aziz Ansari Used the Opportunity to Call Out Hollywood's Diversity Problem
- > This Simple Video Is a Surprisingly Powerful Look at the European Refugee Crisis
- > Playing God? Scientists Begin Building Human-Animal Hybrid Embryos