Pastor Refuses to Tip Because It's Not Fair to God
Oh boy. A man who identifies himself as a "pastor" (right there on the check) decided that the whole "gratuity" thing is stupid. Apparently, the restaurant that he and a party of 20 dined at adds an automatic 18 percent tip to a total bill (rumored here to be about $200). When the diner found that out, he asked to pay for everyone on separate checks, thinking he could dodge the restaurant's auto-gratuity policy. But he couldn't, and that's when the pastor decided this was a spiritual matter. He scratched out the 18 percent tip on his check ($6.29) and wrote "I give God 10%. Why do you get 18"—and then, to make his point perfectly clear, wrote a big "0" on the tip line. And then wrote "pastor" next to his name, thus fulfilling his duty as a gentle shepherd instructing his flock on how to love a dark and needy world. The move has made the man some powerful enemies over at Reddit, who are on a hunt to track him down (one pastor took to Twitter to defend himself against accusations that he was the culprit) ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter' 1
- Instead of Sending Him to Jail, Officer Prays with Grieving Man and Drives Him 100 Miles to Be With His Family2
- Why 'Designated Survivor' Is the Show America Needs2
- Should You Support Your Friends Even When You Think They're Wrong?2
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > The Fatal Shooting of Another Unarmed Black Man Sparks Protests in San Diego
- > Tom Hanks Crashes a Couple’s Wedding Photos, Remains the Best
- > Instead of Sending Him to Jail, Officer Prays with Grieving Man and Drives Him 100 Miles to Be With His Family
- > Here’s Usain Bolt Easily Beating James Corden and Owen Wilson in a Foot Race